Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

Momentary lapse of reason

In the moment of my weakness i jumped to P3D 3.1

But from the beginning.

I set brand new Win7/64 installation first.

I installed P3D 3.1.2.15831 and then ORBX Global / Vector / REX Texture / ASN / REX Soft Clouds / FlyTampa Vienna and the rest of those.

My GTX760 is supported by latest NVIDIA driver 361.75 WHQL.

Apart of PFPX, Adobe and Auslogic Defrag my Win7 is free from other software.

I start up P3D on default airport with default Mooney.

During first circles around airport i already have noticed stutters.

Initially i was thinking that my settings were too high.

I started to change graphic settings, from very low to very high.

Regardless of settings stutters are present.

I have tried to : 

- change screen refresh rate 60 to 30 Hz

- set VSync in game in in NVI, no VSync

- tesselation on/off, and different tesselation factor

- different shadows, no shadows 

- water settings from low to ultra

- scenery objects density

- HDR on/off

- limited/unlimited fps

- limiting fps inside P3D or NVI

- for sure some more but do not remember now...

Apart of adding 'affinity mask=14' ( i7 without HT ) i did not change anything in P3D.cfg

Whatever i set stutters are present on default airport with default plane !

Will spend coming weekend reading and testing, but i am afraid that after weekend i will apologize my FSX ....

Artur 

Artur,

Based on some other threads, check the "Dynamic Reflections" setting.  If this is set at the high end, move ot down and see if that helps.

Just a guess...

Good luck.

Ron

May you try lowering the settings of ORBX Vector?

Cheers :)

N.-

When I install a new sim, I just install the default sim and run it without any add ons to see what happens. Then  I add one  thing at a time, and check the result. Makes it very easy to find something that is causing a problem. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Have to agree with Bobsk8, I don't understand trying new program and dumping every add-on you have in it before finding what you have with the base program.

It totally bypasses the 'learning-what-you-have" before loading up additional burdens.

Having said that, I still believe you can run P3D 3.1 just fine. Others are. 

Might also help if we knew comp. specs other than 760 nividia card 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Jimcarrel - if i have to skip any of mentioned addons, then better i skip whole sim and get back to FSX ...

As i said, i was testing sim on default airport with default plane, without ASN.

I have no FPS issue, so far it looks like this sim is stuttering by it's nature.

Neucoas - i unchecked most of Vector options, beaches and few other left on.

Alderon57 - Dynamic reflections are compulsory unchecked ( this option is not for my computer )

Artur 

All of the OP before mentioned addons and many more work flawlessly on my sytem (win 10, P3Dv3.1, i7 3820@ 4800, HT on, AM=85, GTX 780, 1920x1080). So it seems to be not a P3Dv3 problem but rather a  hardware / settings problem.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I found that a proper affinity mask, limited frame rate, and an overclock reduced my stutters in relatively cloud free conditions. You can see my journey from nauseating stutters to smooth flight here.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/477057-a-frame-time-analysis-of-p3d-v3-effects-of-cpu-affinity-frame-lock-and-ht/

However, in cloudy conditions with AA, apparently I need a GTX 970 or better to render clouds at a good frame rate (a little ridiculous if you ask me).

I thought you'd bought something in a CaptainSim sale when I saw the headline...

• Upvote 4

ngxu_banner.png

Have you tried generating a new P3D.cfg by removing the old one? That may help.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Jimcarrel - if i have to skip any of mentioned addons, then better i skip whole sim and get back to FSX ...

As i said, i was testing sim on default airport with default plane, without ASN.

I have no FPS issue, so far it looks like this sim is stuttering by it's nature.

You are not following my logic apparently. Install P3D, and nothing else at first. See what FPS you get and how it runs. If it runs good, then something else you installed screwed it up. One at a time, add all your add ons until you find out  the culprit. Stating that  you have P3D and half a dozen add ons and it doesn't work, so what's wrong, would be impossible for anyone to figure out on your system. It's called troubleshooting. 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

ailchim - that was good, LOL :LMAO: 

So far i test my stutters taxing or being precise, making slow circles.

I do not fly, no ASN so clouds cannot be the issue, not yet ...

Artur 

Have you tried taxying in slow circles at a default P3D airport? Are there still stutters? What about in flight? What is performance like away from the airport?

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Traffic Pilot - i'm doing my testing only at default airports with default Mooney.

Daniel Moser - very interesting study. So far after few hours of checking and testing i found out that internal limiter is better solution than NVI ( contrary to FSX ). Also i see that limiting fps at 40 is best so far. Anything below 30 is not smooth. Vsync is not changing much. Frankly, also Affinity Mask seems to have minor if any influence.

Artur 

Beardyman - if you want to save some time and aggravation

1) uninstall everything

2) Install p3d 3.1

3) MAKE NO TWEAKS AT ALL

4) ADD NOTHING AT ALL

5) Fly - set the sim to get the best visuals and performance WITH NO TWEAKING

6) when happy - add your addons ONE AT A TIME and retest\

also what cpu are you using?

Vic

• Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors