Sign in to follow this  

Does v1 also have some sort of 'Say it' option?

I am (almost) dying to give P2A a try but I can't use actual audio so I am interested in the 'Say it' option. Am I correct that this is totally new and v2 only? I would love to give the v1 demo a try but it's no use if it doesn't have that (or a similar) option and I can't find it on the v1 manual. I know I can buy v1 and participate in the v2 beta but well, P2A isn't the cheapest addon and I'd like to test it first before I spend that kind of money. If it isn't in v1 I will have to wait until beta has been closed and v2 is officially released.

I am (almost) dying to give P2A a try but I can't use actual audio so I am interested in the 'Say it' option. Am I correct that this is totally new and v2 only? I would love to give the v1 demo a try but it's no use if it doesn't have that (or a similar) option and I can't find it on the v1 manual. I know I can buy v1 and participate in the v2 beta but well, P2A isn't the cheapest addon and I'd like to test it first before I spend that kind of money. If it isn't in v1 I will have to wait until beta has been closed and v2 is officially released.

Yes you are correct you will have to wait and you cant participate in V2 - I would have all ready bought it - I all ready begged but for V1 Users only

Rich Sennett

Yes, you're correct.  V1 has Grammar help, but no artificial pilot voice like SayIt.

Dave

Ok, thanks, I will patiently ( :Whistle:) wait for the beta phase to be completed. :wink:

Ok, thanks, I will patiently ( :Whistle:) wait for the beta phase to be completed. :wink:

1+

Rich Sennett

So how does the "Say It" input interface work?  Is it a menu-driven input option?

I'm not having much luck with the voice recognition in the V1 trial version.  I simply can't get the speech engine to recognize my commands...I have to repeat things multiple times despite using known good grammar.  I'm using it on a networked machine and a headset, so ambient aircraft noise from the main flight sim machine may be interfering with the speech recognition.  That said, I've silenced the ambient sound to test things and it's not really much better.  Speaking in a slow monotone seems to help some, but the distraction of trying to get voice inputs to be recognized is proving to be a real buzz-kill.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Bob,

The best cure for the lack of recognition in V1 is practicing with the Grammar Helper.   Here are some other tips:

1) Wait a half second after pressing the PTT before speaking and wait a half second after speaking before releasing the PTT also help most folks a lot.

2) Speak at a normal rate in a normal tone and volume are also important.  If you speak too slowly, P2A will view your words as a bunch of independent sounds that it doesn't understand.

3) Use the windows sound settings to listen to your voice coming through the microphone.  You might find it more distorted than you thought and fixing that makes it better.

If using a machine with other input sound devices, like a laptop with built-in microphones, double check that the headset microphone is the DEFAULT recording device is very important.

Version 2 is more flexible in what it can understand because the grammar system has been totally re-architected, but getting V1 to at least work most of the time will get you ready for V2.

Hope this helps,

Dave

OK, thanks Dave.  I have tried most of that.

Still not clear how "Say It" works, though...is it menu-driven, or do you have to type text, or something else?  Looked through the V2 beta docs and details of the "Say It" alternative input method are not apparent there.

Regards

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

OK, thanks Dave. I have tried most of that.

Still not clear how "Say It" works, though...is it menu-driven, or do you have to type text, or something else? Looked through the V2 beta docs and details of the "Say It" alternative input method are not apparent there.

Regards

Check this video: SayIt starts at 6:10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH2HOMMjUkQ

Thanks Jeroen