Sign in to follow this  
tknudsen

X-Plane Library Installer now version 2.3

I have released the latest version of the installer which now included the following new libraries

FF Library (latest version)
FF Library Extended LOD (latest version)
Sea Life Library 1.0
European Vehicles Library 1.01
Flags of the World: Real Flag II for 9 & 10 (latest version)
Flags of the USA States: Real Flag II for 9 & 10 (latest version)
Flyby Planes Library 4.0

You can find the download page here

http://forums.x-plan...&showfile=30252

Thank you to

Michael Klotz

uwespeed

Chris Noe

For their permission to included these excellent libraries!!

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything

Hi this is great and it should be included in X-plane has default ...

to you think its possible to have only update of the library installer

thanks a lot for your work

Wish I could use it but my win 10 install does not get along with Java. When I click on any Java ap in win 10 a brief window comes up and then vanishes.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

For a long time I have not used Java .. for fear of possible virus problems using it.

Is it safe to use it .... let it run full time while PC is turned on or possibly just when Xplane is in use?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Java doesn't run all the time it only runs to execute Java programs. You're perfectly safe to use it as most browsers now won't run Java applets or have security settings in place.

PS: I use Java everyday as a developer and have it installed on customers' servers etc, nobody has ever reported any security issues.

Java is.... BEAUTIFUL!

Like any app in the World, can have it's quirks and vulnerabilities, but in times of such bad taste as Python, JAVA is a paradise!

It works great in Win10. Actually one of the flight simulators I used the most - Aerowinx PSX 744 simulator - is full JAVA!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Ok,

Thank you Tony and José ...

"You're perfectly safe to use it as most browsers now won't run Java applets or have security settings in place"

I use Mozilla Firefox and it asked about Java .. run it or not.

After I install Java again .... Do I tell Firefox NO?

Best Regards,

Unless you have a specific reason to run Java Applets, then just click NO. The only time I've ever used a Java Applet in the browser was the zonephoto downloader. 

I agree with Jose, Java is often criticised for some reason, but it's so very nice to work with and just works on almost any OS.

"Unless you have a specific reason to run Java Applets, then just click NO."

Ok, I will select NO for Java in Firefox.

Thanks for your follow up and additional information.

Best Regards,

No I do not :)

Tom, have you though about updating the installer to use something similar to rsync (e.g. https://github.com/perlundq/yajsync). If you have all the libraries in one place on a server, then the installer can just download/update the files it needs. Whenever somebody updates their library, the installer will just download the changes rather than needing to redownload a huge file.

• Upvote 1

Java is.... BEAUTIFUL!

Like any app in the World, can have it's quirks and vulnerabilities, but in times of such bad taste as Python, JAVA is a paradise!

It works great in Win10. Actually one of the flight simulators I used the most - Aerowinx PSX 744 simulator - is full JAVA!

Well then why does it not work in my brand new win 10 install? Downloaded the latest Java twice and installed and with any program that requires it a window pops up and then is gone.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Tom, have you though about updating the installer to use something similar to rsync (e.g. https://github.com/perlundq/yajsync). If you have all the libraries in one place on a server, then the installer can just download/update the files it needs. Whenever somebody updates their library, the installer will just download the changes rather than needing to redownload a huge file.

Yes, problem is the githubs file size restrictions. Second you need to make every library developer upload to this server or any other server. Which means more permission. Most library installer do not want to have their library hosted anywhere other than x-plane.org, and that would make it difficult. Even worse, most library do not update them self, there is even library now dated back to 2012. So in an sense, the small issue of tracking each library is no problem at all. And lets face it, a 2GB file size is half a DVD to download and even with a 3Mbit subscriber line it does not take forever.. I try to update ever month and a shorter update frame than that will only be annoying for most end users.

Well then why does it not work in my brand new win 10 install? Downloaded the latest Java twice and installed and with any program that requires it a window pops up and then is gone.

Do not know, it works on every computer there is.. Try downloading  JRE or JDK from a different source and check your security settings, ie. smart filter etc..

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything

https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/win10_faq.xml

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5KLgpaexJg

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...