Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

FE.DLL Flight Simulator Error (Help!)

Guest Robin

Hello,I got a major problem with my flight simulator since yesterday.Always, on whatever wich airport, when I fly 10-15 minutes, my flight simulator screen turns black, searches for something unknown (the little mouse with hourglass), turns again to flight simulator but without any aircraft textures, and then closes MSFS with giving the following error :127957.jpgSomeone is familiar with this problem or knows a solution?I would be most grateful if someone would help me.Thanks in advance,Robin ZartosRegards,

Guest Balooba

Do you have Flight Environment installed. FE.dll could could have something to do with that. I got the same error message when upgrading to FS9.1, and when I was starting the sim.If you have Flight Environment, try reinstalling that again. That worked for me.Balooba

Guest Robin

Nope, but I do have the Aerosim Classic Airliners package. Could it be that? I'm now re

Guest bobsk8

Another thing you might try is deleting your FS.cfg file and reloading FS9 to build a new one. Go through your menus in FS9 options and copy down your setting so you can reset them on the new Config. I would try this if reinstalling your aircraft doesn't work.

Guest Rockcliffe

I have an fe.dll in my modules folder and don't have Flight Environment. It could well be part of the default set up, although I've never noticed it before. It's only 100 kb. You could search your disks for it or if you want I could email it to you. Send me a personal message if you want to do that.RegardsBlairCYOW

Guest allcott

Be careful just swapping the files - it is a default file, but may have been upgraded as part of the FS9.1 patch - my version shows as 40901, the code for updated files as part of the service pack.In any event, the error message doesn not tell you wher3 the problem occurred, only the resultant collapse. It is extremelty unlikely that the file ahs become corrupted. Better to look to aftermarket scenery, aircraft, gauges and sounds.Allcott

Guest firehawk44

Hi Robin,Do a search on this forum for fe.dll and I think you'll find your answer. Several possible solutions all dealing with textures.Jim