Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

Buzzer sounds when aircraft is located at high altitude airports

I parked the PMDG-737 at LaPaz,Bolivia which has an altitude of 4000 meters.

Before I could do anything I got a buzzer sound,after that I parked at an airport with

3310 meters,same result.

Finally I went to an airport of 2900 meters altitude and there was no buzzer sound anymore.

Can anybody explain why and also how to stop the buzzer sound.

HubertWerni

Herbert Werni

I parked the PMDG-737 at LaPaz,Bolivia which has an altitude of 4000 meters.

Before I could do anything I got a buzzer sound,after that I parked at an airport with

3310 meters,same result.

Finally I went to an airport of 2900 meters altitude and there was no buzzer sound anymore.

Can anybody explain why and also how to stop the buzzer sound.

HubertWerni

Maybe your doors are open and it is detecting you are over 10,000 feet with an oxygen problem. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

The buzzer you’re hearing is a high cabin altitude warning.  Normally for operations into airports above 10000’ you’d want a 737 equipped with a high altitude landing switch which raises the warning altitude from 10000’ to 14000’.

Brian W

KPAE

Maybe your doors are open and it is detecting you are over 10,000 feet with an oxygen problem. 

Hello,

I was thinking of that too,therefore I checked the doors,all of them were closed.

The buzzer you’re hearing is a high cabin altitude warning.  Normally for operations into airports above 10000’ you’d want a 737 equipped with a high altitude landing switch which raises the warning altitude from 10000’ to 14000’.

OK,how can  I equip my 737 with a high landing switch or is it built in and I have to make some adjustments.

Thanks

HubertWErni

Herbert Werni

OK,how can I equip my 737 with a high landing switch or is it built in and I have to make some adjustments.

Just silence the alarm.  The ALT HORN CUTOUT switch is overhead.  However, consider that the simulated aircraft has the limitations as outlined in FCOMv1 specifically maximum of 8400 ft (2560 m).

Dan Downs KCRP

I landed at La Paz Altiplano (13,800 ft.) once. As Dan says the cabin altitude is about 8,000 feet and normally you depressurize to a lower level. We had to wait a while before opening the aircraft doors and the captain said something about the cabin pressure. In this case the airport is higher altitude than the cabin altitude. You don't want to open the doors with a pressure difference that's a big no no. That is why you have that horn. Can you operate the cabin pressure manually to that level ?

Can you operate the cabin pressure manually to that level ?

I guess you could but why? Set the landing altitude in the pressurization controller panel to landing elevation or slightly above. The range for LAND ALT is -1000 to 14000 see FCOM pg 2.10.13

Dan Downs KCRP

Oh yes normally that is what you would do, but if you skipped the step for whatever reason and had already landed .......

I landed at La Paz Altiplano (13,800 ft.) once. As Dan says the cabin altitude is about 8,000 feet and normally you depressurize to a lower level. We had to wait a while before opening the aircraft doors and the captain said something about the cabin pressure. In this case the airport is higher altitude than the cabin altitude. You don't want to open the doors with a pressure difference that's a big no no. That is why you have that horn. Can you operate the cabin pressure manually to that level ?
I believe most airplanes have a negative pressure release valve that prevents the cabin altitude being lower than the surrounding environment.

I believe most airplanes have a negative pressure release valve that prevents the cabin altitude being lower than the surrounding environment.

If the cabin alt is lower than the outside, then it's a higher pressure. The negative relief valve wouldn't do a thing.

Matt Cee

The cabin altitude should be lower than the surrounding environment.  That's the whole point of pressurization.

The Chancellor dumps pressurization by opening the outflow when the main gear squat switch closes... big iron have anything like this?

Dan Downs KCRP

Wes is correct but he just got it backwards, there is a negative pressure relief valve that prevents outside pressure being higher than the cabin.  It’s just a spring loaded door that lets air in if the pressure outside is higher.  As for the outflow valve, yes it goes to full open on the ground via the air/ground sensor.  The application of power on takeoff is the signal for the valve to start modulating for pressurization.  

Brian W

KPAE

As for the outflow valve, yes it goes to full open on the ground via the air/ground sensor.

The outflow valve won't open fully on the ground if the cabin is still pressurised. It will open a small amount, the cabin rate of climb is limited to a safe level. It opens fully when the cabin differential pressure is within limits.

ki9cAAb.jpg

On 2/19/2016 at 7:46 PM, kevinh said:

The outflow valve won't open fully on the ground if the cabin is still pressurised. It will open a small amount, the cabin rate of climb is limited to a safe level. It opens fully when the cabin differential pressure is within limits.

So do we have to manually adjust the pressure or just wait until the diff goes within limits?

-Angelo Busato