Sign in to follow this  
chrismk

Panel state doesn't load with associated saved flight

Rather new still to all this!

Using the 737NGX I decided to save a flight at TOC and end the flight.

When I loaded the flight from FSX all hell broke lose and I progressed into a rather swift dive!

Shouldn't the panel state load with the associated flight?

And if not how do you get round the problem?

Many thanks!

Chris Curtis

And if not how do you get round the problem?

The sim should hold position until everything is loaded up, but for some people, the plane dives until the sim catches up. Hit 'Y' to go into slew mode until the countdown at the top of the screen disappears.

Kyle Rodgers

Appreciate your reply.

Well that prevented me from losing more altitude!

However, it doesn't load the associated panel state - presumably it should?

Is it good practice to save the panel state before saving the flight?

I finally got it to load but there were all sorts of warnings and the a/p seems rather upset and despite all my efforts I am unable to get it to its original altitude.

More intriguing than that is despite 'stabilizing' it the instruments are showing a small climb rate but I am in fact very slowly descending.

And I'm very slowly losing airspeed! Otherwise all is well :smile:

Interestingly I had to quit the flight because after I had saved it I lost my Ezdok keyboard shortcuts so there may be another issue here which could have corrupted the panel state?

I'll repeat the (fortunately short) flight and see what happens.

Edit: I see from Page 48 of the Introduction Manual that the correct panel state should be automatically loaded so it seems there is an issue here.

None of my saved flights are loading with their correct panel. Nor any of the Angle of Attack ones which have never been loaded.

Chris Curtis

Chris, you've got at least three different problems rolled into one... keep it simple. Boil it down to one thing at a time.

Start with the Free Flight start using a default PMDG livery.... make sure that works and flies like expected.  Then after your landing, configure that aircraft as you wish and save it.  Now exit FSX and restart it, load from free flight the previous saved session.

Also, make sure you are not using any PMDG aircraft as your FSX default... use any default aircraft but never use an add on for default.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sounds like a plan - thank you!

I've established that the Ezdok problem disappears if I disable it before saving which may be documented for all I know.

Chris Curtis

Right, I've loaded a free flight using both the 700 and 800 with different PDMG liveries and made various changes to settings on the flightdeck.

This was after completing a flight which I didn't finish but saved at TOC.

This made no difference so I have also uninstalled EZdok and restored the default control settings.

Whatever I seem to do, the default panel state loads!

Very frustrating.

Chris Curtis

Whatever I seem to do, the default panel state loads!

Did you set the default panel state as a fixed configuration?  See page 70 of the Introduction document.

Remove EZDOK from your system, it's very buggy. Play with it some other time when everything is working.

You didn't report back on if you did the steps I recommended.. regardless, review the subject matter on and around pg 70 to see if that helps.  We do not have a bug in the product with this symptom.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan

I've not gone anywhere near that part of the setup menu!

The only thing I did do was to apply a Dark & Cold setup as the Default Startup State.

I later realised this wasn't a good idea so after much searching deleted the entry from the 737NGX_Options.ini file which now looks like this:

[iRS.0]
LastPosValid=0
[iRS.1]
LastPosValid=0
[iRS]
IRS_QuickAlign=1
IRS_UseLastPos=1
[Pushback]
PushbackUnitsFeet=1
PushbackCommsType=0
[AFS]
ThrottleATOverride=0
AutotuneOBSinLOC=1
AP_EngageRealistic=1
[userOptions]
FOCallouts=1
PauseAtTOD=0
SyncAltimeters=1
SyncStbyAltimeters=1
ShowThrustLeverPosition=0
ShowPilots=1
ServiceBasedFailures=0
TABforCDUinput=1
[PerformanceOptions]
FPSlimit_PFD_EFIS_2D=15
FPSlimit_PFD_EFIS_VC=15
FPSlimit_ND_MAP_2D=15
FPSlimit_ND_MAP_VC=15
FPSlimit_Engine_2D=15
FPSlimit_Engine_VC=15
FPSlimit_HUD_2D=15
FPSlimit_HUD_VC=15
disableSide=2
[Aircraft Config]
FixedConfig=
[Panel State]
StartupPanelState=
[FMC]
LastPosLatLon=N3604.9W11508.8

EZdok is still removed and will remain so until this is sorted and possibly for sometime after that!

I haven't set a default aircraft in FSX.

I think I may have misunderstood your instructions so will create a brand new one using a default PMDG livery and report back.

Thanks for your patience!

Chris Curtis

Does P3D automatically save the Panel state in the NGX when you save the flight? If so then I can finally turn off FSUIPC Autosave function and just save it manually one in a while?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Does P3D automatically save the Panel state in the NGX when you save the flight? If so then I can finally turn off FSUIPC Autosave function and just save it manually one in a while?

PMDG saves the panel state every time you save a scenario... P3D isn't involved in this part of the simulation. I only manually save my flights, never using FSUIPC for that.  I use something easy to sort like my current active session "_ENR 738 KDCAKDFW" and the underscore then lists all the enroute saves at top of alpha list. Makes it easy to clean them out on occasion since they're not needed after the session is over.  The panel states are saved in the \PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState folder, don't forget to clean out those surplus ones as well.

My habit is to save when ready for takeoff, TOC and before TOD. On long flights I'll save every couple of hours.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan

Just completed a KSAN-KLAX flight; got to the gate, went through a shutdown procedure and saved the flight.

Quit and restarted FSX and loaded the previously saved flight and problem the same.

Having uninstalled GSX and the Addon Manager before creating this flight there is nothing else running.

Any more thoughts or am I looking at a re-install?

Chris Curtis

I know this problem: I load the flight twice
When I load a saved flight situaton I get black panels and a rapid loss of altitude with any PMDG plane.

I just reload the same flight while the initial PMDG countdown runs.

Then it loads the correct panel state.

It works for me (FSX), perhaps it will work for you too!

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

Hi Andreas

That sounds the same as loading the panel state when in slew mode as Dan advised earlier?

The issue I have then is that errors are introduced like autothrottle and autopilot warnings or in the case od another flight there is only 1 page under Legs.

I could do with more of my own flights to test with rather than the Tutorials and Angle of Attack ones.

It almost seem stht something has got corrupted.

I'll see if Dan has any more suggestions otherwise I'll have to bite the bullet.

Chris Curtis

Hi Chris,

I don't know about the slew method.

When I interrupt a long flight I save it and give it a name.

Resuming it I start FSX, load the saved flight. When the plane (PMDG NGX, 777) comes up with black panels and the initialisation countdown starts I immediatly reload the same flight from the FSX menu. I then have the correct panel state (minus the altitude I lost in the process).

No errors and the flightplan shows in the CDU.

I also use GSX and FS2Crew

I do that quite often. Perhaps with P3D it's different?

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller