Sign in to follow this  
chrismk

Panel state doesn't load with associated saved flight

Hi Andreas

Yes I'm also using FSX but reasonably new to PMDG products so in the middle of a large learning curve.

I can see that what you suggest will work - Dan's method of using slew mode to 'pause' the flight while the panel state is loading will presumably achieve the same effect.

I think I need to test with some of my own flights using the default PMDG livery so I can properly check the loaded panel state.

I might re-install the 737 first and take it from there. Thanks for your input though!

Chris Curtis

Just completed a KSAN-KLAX flight; got to the gate, went through a shutdown procedure and saved the flight.

Quit and restarted FSX and loaded the previously saved flight and problem the same.

I am assuming that your still have a default state assigned, and it's going to be difficult to straighten out in a forum format.  Please provide a problem description on the trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You can provide a copy of the link to this thread is you wish but the important part is the problem statement and steps taken to resolve include the editing off an Options ini file.

DO NOT remove and reinstall the product unless tech support recommends it... this usually introduces more problems than it solves.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have a ticket in with PMDG re the same issue and it has been over a month plus and still no known solution :-(

That's not very encouraging.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

Hold on a second here. We responded to you two weeks ago, not a month ago, to continue to explain the situation, which is dependent on getting some clarification from LM. I get that we weren't able to solve your question right off the bat like we usually do, but please don't misrepresent facts here to put across a story that we're neglecting something.

BTW, the setting Ryan was referring to was P3D's default panel state saves: Options > Settings > General > Panel Serialization: Set OFF (unchecked).

Kyle Rodgers

I have a ticket in with PMDG re the same issue and it has been over a month plus and still no known solution :-(

It seems your issue was with P3D - mine is with FSX - subtle difference!

I am now encouraged :smile:

Chris Curtis

It seems your issue was with P3D - mine is with FSX - subtle difference!

I am now encouraged :smile:

In your case, it's more likely that you're not running the sim as an admin. This will affect what the sim can/can't save.

Kyle Rodgers

With respect, if that was the case, I would have run into far more problems by now

FSX is installed onto its own SSD, UAC was turned off many a moon ago, I am the sole user and have full administrative rights.

In any case the panel states are being saved; they're just not loading with their related flights.

A ticket was submitted this morning.

Chris Curtis

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

Hold on a second here. We responded to you two weeks ago, not a month ago, to continue to explain the situation, which is dependent on getting some clarification from LM. I get that we weren't able to solve your question right off the bat like we usually do, but please don't misrepresent facts here to put across a story that we're neglecting something.

BTW, the setting Ryan was referring to was P3D's default panel state saves: Options > Settings > General > Panel Serialization: Set OFF (unchecked).

I never said you guys didn't reply, you did. I am saying that the ticket is over a month plus old with no known solution at this time referencing the 3.1 update with panel saves and as of now not much can be done. I wasn't trying to misrepresent any facts.   

With respect, if that was the case, I would have run into far more problems by now
FSX is installed onto its own SSD, UAC was turned off many a moon ago, I am the sole user and have full administrative rights.
In any case the panel states are being saved; they're just not loading with their related flights.

With respect, I can't read minds, so if you don't convey something I have to rely on common causes. In your case, most people have issues by not running the sim as an administrator.

Kyle Rodgers

A ticket was submitted this morning.

Please let us know what the fix is for you when you end up finding the solution. 

Please let us know what the fix is for you when you end up finding the solution. 

Your issue is with P3D. His is with FSX. I doubt there is a common cause.

Kyle Rodgers

I uninstalled the product as per PMDG support instructions.

The problem disappeared with the new installation.

Chris Curtis