Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

MD-11 CTD

Before I totally uninstalled all PMDG aircraft from my FSX-SE----the only sim running----so that I could install the latest ConcordeX, the MD-11 worked flawlessly. Made numerous flights with it. All in Windows 10 64-bit Pro.

I managed to get ConcordeX to work in Steam, and one by one re-installed the PMDG aircraft, starting with the 737NGX, then the 777, and finally the MD-11. But it is only the MD-11 which is causing Steam to crash with the following error as per EventVwr:

Faulting module path=C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsui.dll

Can any one kindly shed some light on this error please, and what is causing it? The 737NGX and the 777-200/300 work perfectly, as do my CS and Aerosoft and FSL aircraft.

Thanks

Before I totally uninstalled all PMDG aircraft from my FSX-SE----the only sim running----so that I could install the latest ConcordeX, the MD-11 worked flawlessly. Made numerous flights with it. All in Windows 10 64-bit Pro.

I managed to get ConcordeX to work in Steam, and one by one re-installed the PMDG aircraft, starting with the 737NGX, then the 777, and finally the MD-11. But it is only the MD-11 which is causing Steam to crash with the following error as per EventVwr:

Faulting module path=C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsui.dll

Can any one kindly shed some light on this error please, and what is causing it? The 737NGX and the 777-200/300 work perfectly, as do my CS and Aerosoft and FSL aircraft.

Thanks

Hi Rick,

As I recall, PMDG advised the MD11 was very early development code as a forerunner for projects like the NGX and 777. With the release of newer platforms like P3d, X plane and now Steam, and newer versions of windows, support for the MD11 is very time consuming trying to sort out what trips it up.

From other posts, It seems the FSLabs Concorde X is a little harsh on the other sims and some times a reinstall of FSX is required so as to re-align the Registries.

Maybe you need to remove everything, including FSX,(not sure how or if you can, as steam version?) reboot, then clean your registries, defrag, reboot, then change the order of installation of aircraft. e.g.. 

1. Load the MD11, try it, reboot.

2. Load the 737NGX, try it and the MD11, if ok, reboot.

3. Load the 777, try it and the 737NGX and the MD11, if ok, reboot.

4. Load the Concorde X, leave the machine for 15 minutes or so, reboot(to make sure registries sorted) try the Concorde, if ok, try the MD11 hopefully, ok? Rebooting between loads is very important as it settles and reorders the registries.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Geoff Bryce

So, it's the sequence of re-installing that has led to this issue surfacing? Is that what you are suggesting?

Thanks for the reply.

Hi Rick,

I think it is the sequence and maybe not rebooting between loads that causes the Registry to get a tad upset. The MD11 is the 'old girl' among the aircraft you are loading, by this I mean code wise. It is like you need to get her in first and working ok, then add other aircraft, rebooting between loads, testing again before another aircraft load.

However, maybe there is some combination of the MD11 and the Concorde X, coupled with the one or both of the 737 and 777 that is a step too far. Trial and error seems the only way of isolating the aircraft that causes the steam crash. 

When you resolve it, let every one know, as there are many MD11 users.

Geoff Bryce