Sign in to follow this  
morten7741

Blurry textures P3D V3

Think i'm actually soon giving up on P3D, although it just feels like this isn't meant to happen, like there just must be a reason for it for not working.

What did you use before? FSX? FSX-SE?  What sort of blurries did you get there?  I am using both FSX-SE and P3Dv3.1 and what you described are actually worse in FSX-SE.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

As I stated earlier (I think), you cannot turn all of your settings up to the max and reap the benefits of crisp and clear scenery like you can in modern games.  P3D is just an off-shoot of FSX with some slight modifications that Microsoft has allowed.  It's therefore a pretty old engine working with the latest technology.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yeah but turning my settings all the way to the right is not my point. I just did it as an example to show how bad it looked even with all the settings up.

Not sure what video driver you're using but roll back to 359.00 and get rid of the tweaks.  You got nothing to lose by trying this.  Worked for me.  

--- Jim  ---

Yeah but turning my settings all the way to the right is not my point. I just did it as an example to show how bad it looked even with all the settings up.

I think you're missing the point - on your system, turning up the settings will have a negative effect. Your cpu is weak and will not cater for much autogen - even less when the LOD is high. Your gpu will suffer with shadows and high AA setting - especially with a lot of clouds.

When p3d is running you can use task manager to verify how many cores are being utilized, and how hard they are being used. You want to make them work as equally hard. So setup the toughest sim scenario you plan on flying in (say a big fps hungry airport, a lot of clouds and all the eye candy you would like to have), and first make sure that p3d is using all cores. On win 10 you can right click the p3d process from taskmanager and select affinity.

Then start dialing back your sliders until you see crisp textures when flying around the airport. Your bottleneck (imo) is your cpu, so you must be conservative with all cpu bound eye candy, eg autogen, scenery complexity, LOD, mesh complexity and AI.

When I suddenly had blurry textures, I deleted my p3d.cfg and let a new one rebuild. These new settings will give you an insights as to what LM thinks your hardware can handle...

Imo defragmentation will ONLY speed up load times - not blurry textures.

Mas

Defragging was important in the past, but the OS and built in Windows defragger does all you really need to keep the HD in good. shape. These expensive defrag programs are just giving one a placebo effect. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Some say deleting the P3D.cfg (or FSX.cfg) is the same as reinstalling the product as it brings all of your settings back to the default as FSX/P3D saw were appropriate for your system when you originally installed the product.  It gets rid of any possible corruption of the parameters too.

Best regards,

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ok, so I've tried to delete my cfg file let P3D make a new one and it does work good and try to change the settings a little bit. But I still feel like there can be more done.

That looks pretty much the way I would expect it to look.

I sense your frustration, but this may well be "as good as it gets"..

When you fly a fast jet, you will also get more blurries than when you fly a slower prop plane..

Lastly, the previous posts that point to your hardware as part of the problem, are unfortunately

correct... your CPU and GPU are OK, but not much more than that, sorry..

• Upvote 1

Bert

I just still feel like it can look better, for example look at this video: 

if you look at the comments he does have an overclocked i7 but a gtx 960 2gb and mine is 4gb. So although I would get worse performance by getting rid of the blurries. I just want to get rid of them, so that I know it can be done.

Morten