Sign in to follow this  
morten7741

Blurry textures P3D V3

I've been looking at this issue carefully, and I'm not convinced it has anything to do with texture rendering allocation

There are two different issues that have to be clarified. I realise you are concerned with only one of those issues. There is blurriness (lack of detail) beyond the LOD and blurriness inside the LOD. From what I understand, there is no solution to the former but there are some fixes for the latter.

There are two different issues that have to be clarified. I realise you are concerned with only one of those issues. There is blurriness (lack of detail) beyond the LOD and blurriness inside the LOD. From what I understand, there is no solution to the former but there are some fixes for the latter.

Exactly my thoughts. Two different issues.

Shanan - I researching my 'issue' it sounds like select others, possibly yourself as well, are or have suffered from the same problem.... which I would describe as a much constrained LOD radius. I this accurate?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Shanan - I researching my 'issue' it sounds like select others, possibly yourself as well, are or have suffered from the same problem.... which I would describe as a much constrained LOD radius. I this accurate?

Not really. I had blurries right under my aircraft within the LOD, in fact still do, but much less than what it was before I applied those tweaks. The LOD radius is something you have to get used to, its not fixable until LM decide to increase it.

I'm not sure you're getting my complaint. This is not an issue of just getting used to what LM has to offer. The LOD radius appears to be significantly reduced with 3.2. Photo scenery tiles will simply not lock in to their highest resolution version until the aircraft is quite close (much closer than I've experineced 3.0 or 3.1). I tried the suggestions in this and the 'other' thread (reset the NI profile, AM, etc.) and it made not a lick of difference.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I'm not sure you're getting my complaint. This is not an issue of just getting used to what LM has to offer. The LOD radius appears to be significantly reduced with 3.2. Photo scenery tiles will simply not lock in to their highest resolution version until the aircraft is quite close (much closer than I've experineced 3.0 or 3.1). I tried the suggestions in this and the 'other' thread (reset the NI profile, AM, etc.) and it made not a lick of difference.

I know what you mean, and I believe its intentional. To increase FPS and smoothness they traded the LOD distance. The same radius 6.5 is not really 6.5 anymore.

But the issue we're talking about here is slow loading textures all over the place, not just within a certain radius.

Right - now we're on the same page! ... and I could see how someone might rationalize such a trade-off even if I consider it misguided. Do you know for a fact that LM decreased the LOD radius (at least for photo scenery - which is where I see it) rendered for the various settings? .. at least then we can petition them to roll it back. I'd roll it back myself but for other reasons, I need to stay on 3.2.

Right - now we're on the same page! ... and I could see how someone might rationalize such a trade-off even if I consider it misguided. Do you know for a fact that LM decreased the LOD radius (at least for photo scenery - which is where I see it) rendered for the various settings? .. at least then we can petition them to roll it back. I'd roll it back myself but for other reasons, I need to stay on 3.2.

For a fact, no. But it's what seems to be the consensus as discussed on a few threads recently. Best way to confirm would be a side by side comparison I guess.

I see this effect as well - and it was not there in 3,0. I use a lot of photoreal - especially for mountainous scenes and it is very annoying to see the popping at such close range.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Hey guys

I think I have p3d running quite well.

But some slight blurries still remain.

For instance taking off at cyvr fsdt while panning looking down out the window close by its crisp and clear and also looking at distance into mountains looks relatively clear thou

Once zooming at a short distance not directly below aircraft it gets a little blurry until I get closer

Is this normal!

Is it just p3d v3.2?

Only tweak is AM 116 and fftf 0.15

As advised by master Steve

Running latest nvidia driver

I7 4790k

2xgtx Titan sc in sli

Asus vi extreme mobo

Samsung 840pro ssd for sim

Samsung 840pro for win1064 bit

16gb ram 88824 1600mhz

Non oc

And a few addons

Global

Fsdt airports

Asn

Ut2

Etc

And of course rsp v1.1 which has transformed my sim

Nvidia inspector settings as in robs setting guide 4xsgss etc

Running 1024 textures

And p3d at mod settings

As I said running really well apart from noticing slight blurry as suggested above

Tried with or without tweaks new shaders new cfg new and older drivers and still the same

Cheers

Mike

Remove both AM and FFTF and see how it performs first. Both are known to cause blurries in 3.2 depending on your system configuration and settings.

Alternatively, use one that makes use of more cores (e.g. 244,248) and a higher FFTF, 0.50 works for me.

Remove both AM and FFTF and see how it performs first. Both are known to cause blurries in 3.2 depending on your system configuration and settings.

Alternatively, use one that makes use of more cores (e.g. 244,248) and a higher FFTF, 0.50 works for me.

Cheers mate yeah I have tried with an with out affinity mask and without fftf

But I'll try AM 244and 248 see how that goes

Im getting blurries now in 3.5 and  i had enough with it all now.. never have I had so many probs as ive do with p3d.

can someone explain what AM and FFTF  is, how to turn it off and what settings they are using in NDIVIA control panel (i have a 980ti) for my sins.

14ppkc-6.png

Only tweak is AM 116 and fftf 0.15

Remove  fftf 0.15

AM 85 - HT On and OC that cpu thats what it was meant to do 

Rich Sennett