Sign in to follow this  
morten7741

Blurry textures P3D V3

Rich..

I'm lost mate.

Lost ? did you do what I suggested and also rebuild your shaders ?

Rich Sennett

and what about these settings Rich 

Ah I dont use those I use nvidia inspector - if you choose to do so - then here is a file you can import into NI - as for control panel no idea

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-cAHnyMVBgfS1B1MXgwSUI1Ujg/view?usp=sharing

Rich Sennett

thanks alot ill give that ago tomorrow.

Welcome  :wink:

Rich Sennett

I know what you mean, and I believe its intentional. To increase FPS and smoothness they traded the LOD distance. The same radius 6.5 is not really 6.5 anymore.

But the issue we're talking about here is slow loading textures all over the place, not just within a certain radius.

I agree, they are cheating us or fooling us with improved performance. I am seriously thinking of going back to FSX, as I am not enjoying my sim as I did when I used FSX. LM seem to be looking for easy fixes or short-cuts rather than admit to the problem and deal with it. Frustrating and disgusted.

• Upvote 1

I agree, they are cheating us or fooling us with improved performance. I am seriously thinking of going back to FSX, as I am not enjoying my sim as I did when I used FSX. LM seem to be looking for easy fixes or short-cuts rather than admit to the problem and deal with it. Frustrating and disgusted.

They are cheating us how?  I'd like to know specific details entailing how Lockheed Martin, one of the global leaders of aircraft development and research, would be cheating flight simulator users out of performance?  I currently use P3D v3.2 and have yet to experience this.

I am wondering when it will be time for people to finally understand that every single persons computer is different.  The usage, purpose and setup of each and every computer differs enough that no two people will get the same exact results.  If there are people who believe that, they are only fooling themselves.  To place blame on Lockheed Martin for developing and releasing a product that cheats the public out of performance is a bit far-fetched.  Consider this:  After first installing the simulator, do you start a flight somewhere and fly it for a few hours, evaluating the simulator's performance to come up with the conclusion that you are still being cheated?

If you truly feel this way, have you contacted LM and requested support to fix the issues you are having or have you requested a refund?

I can understand frustrated, but disgusted?  Isn't that a little harsh, considering that both FSX and P3D utilize code from about 10 years ago?  Both sims are 32-bit, so that's something to think about. 

For my system, which is a laptop, I can run P3D v3.2 just fine, with acceptable performance of all of my scenery, weather, airports and aircraft add-ons.  All of my settings are controlled solely through the sim and not with any external programs.  Granted, I have yet to uprgade to v3.3.5 as I never saw the point of doing so if v3.2 already runs fine.

I always believed that LM deserved the benefit of the doubt and at no time did I ever even consider switching back to FSX when I had issues with P3D.  Perhaps I am fortunate that the sim runs fine on my system or perhaps by not tweaking the sim at all caused it to run fine.  If I do ever get issues (which has happened), it was typically the fault of the add-on and not the base sim.

• Upvote 2

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Morten, I've had blurries as well, and my experience is this: Blurries happens when you demand more graphics than your system can handle. More specific, texture loading is mainly a CPU task, so if you're demanding a lot of other CPU bound tasks (such as autogen), then blurries can happen because the CPU cannot keep up with what you're asking for it. So to cure blurries this is what I did:

1. Change priority of the p3d.exe process within windows. To do this in win 10 fire up the Sim and then go to task manager. Right click the p3d.exe and select "go to details". Then select the p3d.exe process again and select "change priority" and then select high. Accept the warning.

On my system this would force windows to use all CPU cores to p3d, thus removing any blurries.

However - even when using all cores, I can still provoke blurries by upping LOD and autogen, so consider also

2. When done with step 1, fly over an area of choice and adjust LOD, autogen and texture resolution sliders until you have acceptable speed of texture loading.

3. From what I have read elsewhere, and what seems to be commonly accepted among experts (or at least people who consider them self knowledgeable) disk fragmentation will only affect loading times when starting up the Sim, and not in game texture rendering. But I must stress that I'm no tech savvy, so please feel free to correct me anyone.

Hope you get it sorted.

Hilsner fra DK

Martin

3. From what I have read elsewhere, and what seems to be commonly accepted among experts (or at least people who consider them self knowledgeable) disk fragmentation will only affect loading times when starting up the Sim, and not in game texture rendering. But I must stress that I'm no tech savvy, so please feel free to correct me anyone.

If disk fragmentation is an issue, the answer is not defragmentation. The answer is to enter the 21st century and get rid of those mechanical disks and get an SSD.

If disk fragmentation is an issue, the answer is not defragmentation. The answer is to enter the 21st century and get rid of those mechanical disks and get an SSD.

Also a valid point, but not a solution to the OPs initial problem if I understand things correctly. Previous caveat still in effect.

First, I lock my frames at 30 FPS. Unlocked frame rates (even when using any kind of external limiter) usually results in blurries and microstutters for me.

Second, I use the appropriate affinity mask. For a quad core with hyperthreading on, that would be 84 or 85.

Third, I disabled tower view. When switching between views, tower view usually forced all of the terrain to reload, bogging down the sim and causing blurries.

Fourth, I monitor my CPU usage. If the CPU cores allotted for P3D get hit hard, then expect blurries.

You need the correct affinity mask for that processor - I dont know what that is for yours only my 4790k - thats what worked for me - plenty of info on this in the forums

Hi Richard, Would you kindly please give me your affinity mask setting for the 4790K? I also have a 4790K & not sure what to apply.

Thanks Alot :)

Wayne George

Hi Richard, Would you kindly please give me your affinity mask setting for the 4790K? I also have a 4790K & not sure what to apply.

Thanks Alot :)

Wayne George

85 works best here with HT  on  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

85 works best here with HT  on  :wink:

Thank you Richard, Greatly appreciate it ;)