Sign in to follow this  
richbarry

Wildlife+ support

Something new and unique for low and slow flyers.....

Wildlife+ autogen birds, animals and sea life has been uploaded to the library, Search for 'Wildlife v2'  http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=wildlife%20v2&CatID=root&Go=Search

Here's a video preview  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xuaqAjhbwg

This thread is for Q & A and problem solving.

I've had one report of a Simconnect side by side configuration error when starting the exe, so once we've found the resolution to that I'll post it here in case others are suffering the same problem.

Cheers

Richard

• Upvote 1

PRetty neat! Too bad it won't work in FS9! Although there is something similar with static wildlife which I am using for years - are you the author of that too by chance?

Tempting thank you, but there are some many moving things (air and sea AI, road traffic, people flow, etc) competing for resources at various airports now, that I think I had better give this one a miss!

I cannot get simconnect to go green.Followed install instructions.Any thoughts?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Tempting thank you, but there are some many moving things (air and sea AI, road traffic, people flow, etc) competing for resources at various airports now, that I think I had better give this one a miss!

According to the manual, you can select what kind of animals the tool spawns in the world.

I woudn't use it for airline flights, but GA in rural areas should be okay.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Could you please show an example of how to set up a new region? ie, how are the lat/long designated in the regions.cfg.

Thanks

Got connected and seems to be right excrpte it loads 0 objects in green ribbon.

Got it working but still not working with auto detect.Ron

Adding new region.

------------------------

Go to the World Setup page.
Select any region so that the animals list populates.
Click on an animal to highlight it, click on 'Open Selected Object Sim.cfg' button to open that file.
Alternatively, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Animals\aiA_Land\Sim.cfg  (and the other \aiA_...  folders)
Go down through the list of animals,birds etc and add your new region to the \\aiARegions=   line, e.g. \\aiARegions=Africa,Japan  this new Japan entry means this animal will show up for Japan
Save the Sim.cfg file.
Click 'Refresh Lists Following Changes', and you should now see Japan as a region, and Y against whatever objects you associated with Japan.

This is enough to get Japan working as a region that you can 'Click to Set Default' + 'Use My Default'

If you want to get Japan picked up in the Auto Detect.
Open Regions.cfg in the Wildlife+.exe directory
Go to your map, position your aircraft smack in the middle of Japan and note the Lat Long. Note South = -ve and West= -ve
Enter Japan,37,139,0,0  in Regions.cfg 37,139 is Lat,Long

Whenever you are closer to that lat long point than any other point defined in Regions.cfg, then it will Auto Detect your region as Japan.
Given there's not many nice circular countries, you can dot a few points along Japan, so that you're always closest to an Japan point than another country point. This is only necessary if you want more accurate Auto Detect.

The last two 0,0 values in Japan,37,139,0,0 can be altered as follows:

Max altitude at which you want animals generated in that region. 0=unlimited. Non zero means if our Region.cfg entry is Japan,37,139,10000,0   for the \\aiAMaxAltPercent= and \\aiAMinAltPercent= by animal in the animals Sim.cfg file, \\aiAMaxAlt=75 would mean that the animal will show up until 10000 x 75% = 7,500 ft ground altitude

Last value is a radius limit for that Lat Long. e.g. if Japan,37,139,10000,750 is a 750 km circle around 37N 139E - at least it would be if I hadn't just found a bug that means for v2, you need to multiply 750 x 0.3 = 225. (I'll fix that in v2.x) Outside this radius, auto detect will use the closest lat long definition where the radius limit (last value) is 0

Whilst doing this, I note that my Pacific Ocean point is closer to areas like Korea than my Asia point, so Korea detects as Pacific Ocean. I could fix this by scattering a few more Lat Long points around Asia, or I could delete the ocean definitions from the Regions.cfg.

I hope this makes sense. The first bit for use with setting up a region for manual selection is fairly easy.

According to the manual, you can select what kind of animals the tool spawns in the world.

I woudn't use it for airline flights, but GA in rural areas should be okay.

Will give it a try in some of the less demanding GA strips as anything that adds a little more sense of immersion is always worthwhile!

Anyone getting a Side-by-Side config error is welcome to download this alternative exe

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2iir5nyz7s5ezfu/Wildlife%2B.exe?dl=0

You still need all the models, cfg files, etc from the initial Avsim download. This is the dropbox link is a new exe only, which references the Simconnect dll in a different manner..

The link above is no longer valid.

I am sure I have that Side by side problem.

Any chance someone would still have the alternative exe file?

I have tried reaching Richard by e mail but I have not gotten a reply as of yet.

Thanks

Bump.

I've just discovered this lovely little utility. Suddenly...wildlife in my home region.

If you follow the guide above for settings it has no noticeable impact on frames and is a joy to have in the sim.

Careful of bird strikes!!!