Sign in to follow this  

TrackIR 5.4.1 update - fixes nVidia GPU lower power state

Working well in Win10 64bit.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/downloads/

See change logs ...

Fixes

Fixed an issue where certain settings (including template curves) might not be correctly migrated to per-user settings directory.
Fixed an issue where certain NVIDIA GPUs might step down to a lower power state while the TrackIR software was active.
Fixed an issue where the settings pane could appear truncated at large vertical resolutions.
Fixed an issue where hotkeys bound to recenter would trigger a second time on release, rather than just when pressed.
Fixed an issue where mouse hotkeys could exhibit noticeable latency.
Fixed a crash when resizing the window after the hardware had been disconnected.
Clarified the text of several error messages.
Fixed ranges of speed/smoothing slider increment buttons.
Increased default splitter width to remove unnecessary horizontal scrollbar from settings pane.

Cheers, Rob.

I did, shouldn't be an issue.  If you want to be completely sure uninstall the old software and start fresh.

@Rob... I wonder if I would have noticed if my GPU stepped down.

\Robert Hamlich/

Can you install it over version 5.3?

Yes, no issues.

Had the P2 power state step down at boot up and been struggling for days trying to figure this one out. Updating finally solved this nonsense. Never suspected TrackIR. Thanks for the heads up on this Rob! 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

The unfortunate joys of flight simulation and the complexity of all the stuff we add to that experience ... it can be mind boggling at times and even more mind boggling it all works together.

Cheers, Rob.