Sign in to follow this  
N1G

ftx global freeware airports

Hi All,

I know that you must, or I assume you must have Global installed, but will these airports display properly with their appropriate ORBX regions ?

Thanks

Bob

Hi Bob,

Haven't run into any issues within the regions, I have FTX Global Vector installed and had airport plateaus which were fixed when I ran FTX Central 2\Settings\FTX Global Vector Configuration Tool\Airport Elevations and ran the "Auto-Configuaration" which disabled AEC for a number of airports.

The freeware airports make a nice addition to P3D.

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Hussar, thanks for the input. I was not planning on getting Global until the LC is released, so from what you have said they work out of the box within the regions. But, since you did make changes using a tool for airport elevations, I wonder if global was not installed will the airports work and will the elevations be correct out of the box? I would think that ORBX would have assumed that many would use these airports with a region but without global installed.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I imagine they would work, I had to use the flattening tool within FTX Central to adjust the elevations so they might be correct and work with default terrain.  I am not 100% certain, maybe try asking in their forum.

Good luck with the scenery.

\Robert Hamlich/