Sign in to follow this  
sidhantsv

FPS drop over oceans..

Hi guys,

So whenever I'm over a significantly big mass of water, and I look straight or below, my FPS drops down by more than half (while if I look up to the sky my fps increases to 29-30fps Locked.) I had REXTextureDirect installed before this so I thought it may have caused this, but after reverting to default waters, the problem still persists. I also have DX10 fixer installed, should I mess with those settings also.

Thanks!

When this happened to me some time back i deleted my Shader/Shader10 files in AppData/Local/Microsoft/FSX. Start up FSX let it rebuild those files and it was back to normal.

Kind Regards

Simon.

If you've tried to delete your shaders, I would delete your CFG file and start fresh. No tweaks. Most modern systems don't need them.

Have you noticed if this happens when you have the horizon into view? whether at low or high altitude?

Try this and note the FPS...

1. Sky - ocean into view.

2. Just sky into view.

3. Just water into view.

If just #1 had a FPS drop, specially at high altitude, then try reducing water shader slide to Water High 1.x and see whether FPS drop or not.

I had this problem with 2048px 32bit REX water textures on 1gb card, apparently overloading the VRAM. Try 1024px textures or DTX5.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.