Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

ATC handoffs not happening

I'm not getting any handoffs from ATC centers when airborne and have a filed IFR flightplan. I have the controller radiuses set as 5, 25, 80 and 120. All the other data such as map, AGL, DTK etc are all showing correctly. I have set all the ATC voices. Ground and tower work fine. Is there anything I do do to help debug the issue?

Is there a departure controller for your departure airport?  If so did you get a handoff from Tower to Departure?

How far from the Departure airport are you? 

Based on your radius settings you should get handed off to Departure (or Center if no departure controller) once you are 5 miles away and to Center once you are 30 miles away.  Then every 120 miles after that, a handoff to Center until you get within 80 NM of the Arrival Airport.

My route was from EGLL - MYNN. I was talking to ground then tower then departure OK. After that no handoffs. Even tower and ground at MYNN did not pick up any of my calls.

If you could post your Flight Plan Route, I'll try and fly it and see what happens.  It sounds like your radios are working and your environment is set up correctly or you wouldn't have been able to talk to ground or tower.

OK.  I think I may have figured this one out.  I had some trouble at first also, because I'm not used to V1, which is not very flexible on it's phrases.

On initial contact with Center, I was able to get results with the following 2 phrases:

Center, <CallSign> passing 10 thousand for Flight Level three zero zero

or Center, <CallSign> with you at Flight level three zero zero

At first I was using Center, <CallSign> climbing to Flight level three zero zero. and that didn't work.  It will, along with a lot of other variations in V2.

Sorry for the trouble.  Let me know if this doesn't work.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks for your help. I will give that phrase a try but unfortunately I'm stuck on Clearance Delivery at EHAM to EGLL. My flightplan is validated and filed, I am tuned to 121.975. It recognises my speech in green "Speedbird Four Three Five Heavy ready to copy I F R clearance". But no reply.

My FP https://www.dropbox.com/s/mva5919v0zphd4g/EHAMEGLL01.pln?dl=0

Does Pilot2ATC know you are on Clearance Deliver?  Try pressing the TST button and see if it tells you it is Clearance Delivery.

IF that works, try saying just  "Speedbird Four Three Five Heavy Ready to Copy" or try leaving off the Heavy.

The TST says "This is a test of the Radio system.  You are tuned to SCHIPHOL GROUND  on One Two One Point Niner Seven"

In the radio panel it says 121.975 Clr Delivery Schipol (COM1 Active) and 121.70 Ground Schipol (COM1 standby).

GodAtum.

I responded to this yesterday, but something happened to the response. 

At any rate, I went to EHAM and Clr Delivery worked fine on 121.975.  You might need to swap frequencies or Disconnect and Reconnect to get yours to work.

Dave

Hi, I have Pilot2ATC 2.6 with XP11.41 and do not receive ATC handoffs after takeoff either.  Flying KCHD -> KCGZ via BNYRN > TFD > ROXIE.  The flight plan is auto-generated after I enter the KCHD and KCGZ airports, The plan is validated and filed.  I receive proper instructions up to takeoff, then nothing.  In order to get *any* response, I request ascent to TOD, which is 6000'.  However, ATC instructs me to ascend to 7000, even with the BNYRD waypoint fast approaching (reference alt should be ~4000' to ~5000').  I should be ~3500 at the TFD VOR wpt, and on glideslope from that point on.  No callouts are occurring, and if I report the field in sight, it tells me clear to land with me still at 7000'... I have to totally ignore ATC to perform a safe landing.  KCGZ has ILS on 04, but no tower (everything is being coordinated via the KCHD tower, which seems strange).  Flying the 172 Skyhawk.

I have the flight plan, but can't find a way to attach it...

Carlos

You can email me the P2A log file at admin@pilot2atc.com.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, and is closed when you shut it down. So if you take the most recent one after you have the error and after you shut down P2A, you should have the correct one.  
Dave

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your quick response.  After sending you my logs as requested, you quickly found the issue and had me download R2 beta5 and try the fix.  Everything seems to be working perfectly now.  Looking forward to the future release!  😊

Carlos