Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Discussion Topic for "How Do I Install My Traffic 6.0a For Prepar3D V3"

Thanks!

Anyway, what about this step (5) Turning off AI traffic  (Default Traffic)? How to turn off default AI traffic?

• Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Anyway, what about this step (5) Turning off AI traffic  (Default Traffic)? How to turn off default AI traffic?

Sorry, I can't tell if that is actually a question or a comment.

To turn off the default traffic you go to your Scenery\World\scenery folder and delete/remove/rename the trafficAircraft.bgl.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Sorry, I can't tell if that is actually a question or a comment.

To turn off the default traffic you go to your Scenery\World\scenery folder and delete/remove/rename the trafficAircraft.bgl.

It is a question. :) Thanks! So the step is exactly the same as in FSX as far as I can remember.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Thanks!

Hello Pe11e

Oh its the same Link at the Start of the Thread (Some Pre Checks)   also the same Link in my Signature Part 1 .  Click on it and scroll down to (5) Turning off AI traffic  (Default Traffic)

So the step is exactly the same as in FSX as far as I can remember.

You bet, I think it's been the same as when MS first introduced AI into FS2002.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

This superlative guide really should be placed in the P3D Tips and Tricks forum before it becomes lost deep in the archival morass where it will be forever forgotten.

Mike

• Upvote 2

I sense a reluctance on the part of the moderators of this forum to do as I have suggested. Considerable effort went in to the creation of this guide. Right now, if I were Elaine, I would be thinking why bother? We need members like Elaine who are prepared to go that extra mile on our behalf.

Very disappointing.

Mike

• Upvote 3

Thank you so much for this installation guide, Elaine!  Really well done! :wub:

• Upvote 1

Stephen Forsgren

I sense a reluctance on the part of the moderators of this forum to do as I have suggested. Considerable effort went in to the creation of this guide. Right now, if I were Elaine, I would be thinking why bother? We need members like Elaine who are prepared to go that extra mile on our behalf.

Mike, it's not a case of "reluctance" at all. It's a matter of the purpose of the "Tips and Tricks" forum, which is intended to be a place for answers, not just another discussion forum.

The best practice would be for the original poster to start a "Discussion Topic" in the main P3D forum, allowing the actual "Tip" or "Trick" to stand alone, uncluttered by pages and pages of questions and answers, not to mention the usual collection of off-topic and irrelevant comments that seem to accrete like barnacles on a ship's hull.

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The best practice would be for the original poster to start a "Discussion Topic" in the main P3D forum, allowing the actual "Tip" or "Trick" to stand alone, uncluttered by pages and pages of questions and answers, not to mention the usual collection of off-topic and irrelevant comments that seem to accrete like barnacles on a ship's hull.

Hi Bill,

Yes, I can see how that would work in an ideal world. However, it does raise the question as to how the Poster can prevent such additions to his/her original work before it is accepted for inclusion in the "Tips and Tricks" forum. There are no guarantees that this will occur and the only way I can see to prevent this from happening is by immediately locking said post. This can only be carried out by a Moderator and, in this example, rightly so. The other way is to simply prune everything away from the original 'Tip and Trick' post and include these in a freshly created thread in the main forum, just as you have done with Elaine's recent contribution. This, of course, means more work for the Moderator and may not be welcomed as a solution. For the instigator of his/her 'Tip or Trick' to assume that their post is destined for the "Tips and Tricks" forum would be presumptious. Usually such action is encouraged by the membership's responses which will always imply the development of a temporary thread under the original post.

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1

is there a way to enhance  the nav, beacon & strobe lights on mytraffic AI?

shockwave lights maybe? 

• Upvote 1

For the instigator of his/her 'Tip or Trick' to assume that their post is destined for the "Tips and Tricks" forum would be presumptious. Usually such action is encouraged by the membership's responses which will always imply the development of a temporary thread under the original post.

Several years ago AVSIM instituted a special forum section cleverly named "Tutorials" which was intended as a single-post repository of all things that were instructional in nature, such as Elaine's contributions. For some reason it never seems to have gained any traction whatever...

...hence the advent of the two "Tips and Tricks" forums; one for FSX and the other for P3D. Being simply "regular forums" though means that unless quickly locked, folks can post comments and/or questions just as they do everywhere else. The main reason for these two special forums is quite frankly to allow these incredibly helpful posts to not get buried in their parent forums, and to minimize the number of "Sticky Posts" that clutter up the top page of the main forum.

So, no matter the case, handling this will always remain the remit of moderator intervention.

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

shockwave lights maybe?

Those only make the AI lights worse in p3d v3x.

• Upvote 1

I just purchased 6.0a and followed step by step installing it into Prepar V3.35.  I do not see this working when I launch the simulator. I even put the traffic at 100. Tons of traffic comes up but all are just generic planes. 

Upon going back into the communicator app I noticed this for my simobjects file. Any ideas on what may be wrong? 

TITLE=Default Airplanes
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.3]
PATH=SimObjects\Avatars
TITLE=Default Avatars
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.4]
PATH=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
TITLE=Default Rotorcraft
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.5]
PATH=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
TITLE=Default Ground Vehicles
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.6]
PATH=SimObjects\Boats
TITLE=Default Boats
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.7]
PATH=SimObjects\Animals
TITLE=Default Animals
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.8]
PATH=SimObjects\Misc
TITLE=Default Misc
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.9]
PATH=SimObjects\Submersible
TITLE=Default Submersible
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.10]
PATH=SimObjects\Weapons
TITLE=Default Weapons
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.11]
PATH=SimObjects\Countermeasures
TITLE=Default Countermeasures
ACTIVE=true
[Entry.10]
Title=MyTraffic
Path="G:\MyTraffic\Aircraft"
Required=False
Active=True
REQUIRED=true

AMD Threadripper 1950x 16 core, 32GB of RAM, SSD, Liquid Cooled.