http://pilot2atc.com/V2Downloads

Please post ALL issues in the correct forum here at P2A

Thanks

Happy flying

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Clive,

I can't clearly read the text on the Beta splash screen.

How do we install:

1) Uninstall V1 and install V2?

2) Install V2 on top of V1?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Bill.

Good catch. I'll add that to the instructions.

V2 will by default install in a separate directory, not impacting V1 at all.

Just run the install program and it should start up when finished.

Press the Register Key on the Blue registration screen and enter your V2 License Key.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks Clive!

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Have a go by using the flights I have done in the ATC-Challenge thread and write how it goes, that would be good.

Thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I'm having trouble using this with a non-towered airport as my departure airport; can't seem to get any ATC say-me to appear.

My guess is that I'm missing some little step somewhere.  Where do I find this  ATC-Challenge thread so that I can try out your flights, alpha117?

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Arwen,

The SayIt function works only when you are on a valid ATC frequency in range.  If you have a UNICOM frequency at that airport, it will have a few functions available, but not many.  You can file your flight plan, but will likely need to take off and get your clearance from ATC Center or Departure control after you are airborne VFR.

This is not a scenario that has been heavily tested, so you are blazing new trails.

Let us know how it goes.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I sort of have it working now.

Would it be possible to post a tutorial (or just a quick list of procedures) in the correct steps involved to fly an IFR flight plan from a non controlled airport to a controlled airport?

I've been attempting to fly an IFR from KHIE to KLEB via MPV (VOR waypoint),  I'm using Prepar3D v.2.5,

I'm able to file the above flight plan, but if I select the +APPR button, I always get and unhandled exception. 

~ Arwen ~

Hi Arwen.

I'm working on fixing some bugs that have been found around this scenario.  I was able to enter the flight plan and select the RNAV approach into KLEB.  Of course, that is probably because I'm using the debugged version.  I've got some more kinks to work out and then I'll be putting an update out early next week.

If KHIE is the non-towered airport, they have a clearance delivery freq.  Select that freq and make it active.  You should then get the SayIt phrases.  You may have to press the <?> button to open the Speech Assistant (SayIt) panel.

I will put together a list of steps after I get the bugs for the scenario fixed and out to everyone.

Hope this helps for now.

Dave 

Thank you Dave.  It did take me a while to figure out that I had to use the ? button to pull up the SayIt selections.  I was able to get a flight working correctly, using the KHIE to KLEB flight plan.  Now I'm going to attempt a flight from a larger airport to see how that goes.  

It is good to know that my +APPR button issue is a bug and not something that I was doing wrong.

I cannot recall it anyone has brought this up yet, but does Pilot2ATC check flight plan and correct its cruising elevation to avoid mountains?

~ Arwen ~

There's an option on the first Setup page of the Config panel to "Calclate Sate Enroute Altitudes".  Check this box and your Flt Plan validation should take longer and check the cruise altitude for being above the highest terrain en route.  However, it checks strictly along the path you specify, so I recommend letting it do the check, then raising your cruise altitude a bit over what it recommends if there is any doubt.

Of course, it never hurts to cross check with enroute charts, etc. to be sure. :smile:

Dave