Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

Version 2 BETA Delayed

All

There is plenty of help out in the 'wider' world for VFR flight procedures . Have a look at this and see where P2A does not conform, if anywhere.

https://www.vatsim.net/pilot-resource-centre/vfr-specific-lessons

This is a BETA that needs you to test flight procedures and by doing that and finding the P2A issues  and not reporting Pilot issues, will help out tremendously.

As Dave has stated, look at the charts, Also his job as a developer is to look at your issues and fix them to make P2A better and more robust for release time.

He has not got time to teach you how to fly VFR, circle to land approaches and all that other 'flight' stuff.  We now from internal testing that 'most of the 'flight stuff' works because we have spent the last 6 months testing it.  

We can't catch it all, that is why you are involved right now. If you do not know how to fly VFR or Circle to lands or how to read charts, go and find out, that's the fun part. 

Apply you knowledge and if P2A did not do something then Tell Dave he will fix it ASAP, trust me, we even got an Update to test on Christmas day, that's how dedicated Dave is to P2A

Have fun, that's what our hobby is about; fun and learning on the way

This will help Dave out a lot. 

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

There's an option on the first Setup page of the Config panel to "Calclate Sate Enroute Altitudes".  Check this box and your Flt Plan validation should take longer and check the cruise altitude for being above the highest terrain en route.  However, it checks strictly along the path you specify, so I recommend letting it do the check, then raising your cruise altitude a bit over what it recommends if there is any doubt.

Of course, it never hurts to cross check with enroute charts, etc. to be sure. :smile:

Dave

Thanks again for your help.  I had that checked, but about two-thirds of the way though following a flight plan in the Rockies, I was directed to descend to an altitude (6500 feet) that would have run me into a mountain.  I had set 10,000 feet as my cruising altitude, which was what I was given to ascend initially; and I was following the path of my filed flight plan.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Then it sounds like you found a bug.

Could you please post a bug report on the Bug Sub-Forum and give the details such as flight plan type, route, cruise altitude, etc. and I can try to reproduce and fix the issue.

Thanks,

Dave

Ok, I just posted a new bug report.

One of the biggest problems that I'm having so far is that I'm loosing my ATC before I'm directed to my approach.  I'm not being directed to contact my destination airport (and the ones I've been testing all all controlled airports).

Another issue is that there are too many choices given with the "?" . . . yet only some work for the situation. and some are VERY specific.  For instance, asking for permission to taxi works fine, while asking for permission to taxi to my departure runway always results in an error/crash.  Perhaps we need more of a filter, to reduce the number of choices given.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE