Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Installing UT2 into P3D V3.1 easy way

Hi Guys after loading up UT2 - as usual went in and tweaked xml.exe - etc. - well all kinds of error messages

Well I was reading thru some posts and noticed Rob mentioned not placing anything in xml.exe file so on a whim I uninstalled UT2 - re-installed UT2 and touched nothing and it worked perfectly with the latest Estonia migration tool

So if you have the latest development version all you do is enable it before you install UT2 and do nothing - how easy is that - make sure you are using the Development Build not the other one listed - thought I would pass this on - cool no more messing around for now anyway

Development Build

Migration tool installer (12.7 MB)

Version 3.0.2.995. Last updated 2015-12-18

Tool is here - worth every pennyr

Edited by Jim Young
removed link to EMT
  • Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

touched nothing and it worked perfectly with the latest Estonia migration tool

I discovered and posted this quite some time ago. Still works perfect.

Cheers,

Mark

I discovered and posted this quite some time ago. Still works perfect.

Cheers,

Mark

Wish you told me lol thanks Mark - cool stuff

Rich Sennett

I pay more attention on the next one, whatever that might be!

Cheers,

Mark

I pay more attention on the next one, whatever that might be!

Cheers,

Mark

:drinks:

Rich Sennett

Sounds good - will try now.

Can i simply disable the migration switch after the installation of UT2 and never have to switch it on again?

Cheers,

Simon

Sounds good - will try now.

Can i simply disable the migration switch after the installation of UT2 and never have to switch it on again?

Cheers,

Simon

Simon - good question if you want to change something in UT2 gui you need to re-enable Tool or you will get an error message other than that works great - also noticed P3D had no control over amount of traffic has to be done in UT2 gui - thats how I found out about the error message with tool not enabled

Rich Sennett

50% - 50% seems fine to me but everyone has there own settings they like

Rich Sennett

I already had it smoothly running in p3dv3.1 and win10. But installation was an odyssey after reading 100 threads and applying this and that manually. No chance to remember all the steps... But now i had a problem with a scenery and tried this and that and finally broke my UT2 by searching for a solution. Now i get two times the red warning while the sim starts.

As i'm writing here i'm installing again by your "simple way"... UT2 already installed. Started it right now, made some settings, closed it - no problem so far.

Now the updated schedule and the powerpack...

installed.

Now disabled the migration switch and started the sim...

WORKS!!

THANKS!!

WORKS!!

installed.

THANKS!!

Welcome its a beautiful thing - about time  :wink:

Rich Sennett

I use 75% airline - 25% GA... but also lowered the "show up" (amount, vis. distance...) settings in UT2.

I use 75% airline - 25% GA... but also lowered the "show up" (amount, vis. distance...) settings in UT2.

Yah 25% sounds right to me to on GA  :dance:

Rich Sennett

Thanks for this Rich, I was looking for a good AI, something easy to install. I do have the latest version of the migration tool. All I need to do now is purchase UT2. 

Regards

Lamar Wright

Thanks for this Rich, I was looking for a good AI, something easy to install. I do have the latest version of the migration tool. All I need to do now is purchase UT2. 

Welcome Lamar you wont regret it just read thru what has been posted in this thread you will be fine - if you want to make changes in UT2 gui enable tool or leave it enabled just shut it down when you are installing native P3D addons - thats it - good luck

Tool acts like an on and off switch for UT2 

Rich Sennett