Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Installing UT2 into P3D V3.1 easy way

Welcome Lamar you wont regret it just read thru what has been posted in this thread you will be fine - if you want to make changes in UT2 gui enable tool or leave it enabled just shut it down when you are installing native P3D addons - thats it - good luck

Tool acts like an on and off switch for UT2 

Thanks Rich, I'll do it

• Upvote 1

Regards

Lamar Wright

I just got the tool to do this with ut2

Didn't work

Error on startup.

I just got the tool to do this with ut2

Didn't work

Error on startup.

Should - which version of tool did you download - theres two also tell me exactly how you installed it - did you enable tool before installing UT2

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich, I installed ut2 with my latest migration tool and had no problems installing it. Ever thing went smooth.  All ut2 files went right into P3dV3 files, however when I started P3D there was no traffic showing? I increased my traffic setting from 45% to 65% still no traffic. I checked to make sure that the ut2 traffic file was in the simobjects file and it was there. When I select the ut2 icon on my desktop I get Select FSX config File. That is all I checked so far. I have not made any changes other than increasing the traffic % in P3d. Any ideas Rich? Thanks buddy

Regards

Lamar Wright

Hi Rich, I installed ut2 with my latest migration tool and had no problems installing it. Ever thing went smooth.  All ut2 files went right into P3dV3 files, however when I started P3D there was no traffic showing? I increased my traffic setting from 45% to 65% still no traffic. I checked to make sure that the ut2 traffic file was in the simobjects file and it was there. When I select the ut2 icon on my desktop I get Select FSX config File. That is all I checked so far. I have not made any changes other than increasing the traffic % in P3d. Any ideas Rich? Thanks buddy

Hi Lamar - you have to have tool enabled or you will get that error message

Also turn on ai in P3D but I dont think that matters as p3d really has no control on how much is showing - you have to use UT2  to do it in main menu - leave it enabled unless you are installing a native p3d program and remember to turn it back on (tool) to make future changes in UT2 gui

Think of it this way UT2  is now your settings master for ai - tools not enabled it wont work

Rich Sennett

Should - which version of tool did you download - theres two also tell me exactly how you installed it - did you enable tool before installing UT2

It was the latest release version of the tool. The development build version number was identical.

Install was done with the tool active and enabled. Install went fine.

Starting up p3d gave the error message about smart assembly and that flight sim was not properly shut down.

P3d continues to load but the ut2 entry does not show in the drop down menu

Also, the migration tool seems to have added entries and rearranged my p3d.cfg file. Is this normal?

Also, the migration tool seems to have added entries and rearranged my p3d.cfg file. Is this normal?

This is normal

You should go to Estonia site and ask for help - best to ask there as I have no idea whats going on sounds like something other than tool to me

Rich Sennett

It was the latest release version of the tool. The development build version number was identical.

Fill out ticket as it seems their discussion forum is down

Edited by Jim Young
removed link to EMT forum

Rich Sennett

Forum is down but the download link is now a newer version.

Tried the ut2 install again and it worked this time. Thanks.

I have UT2 for FSX. I just bought P3D and got My Traffic 6 Pro for it. The ai models are not as good as UT2. Thinking of trying to install UT2 but how are the frame rates compared to My Traffic 6?

UT2 way better all around - I bought that MT mess and used it for 2 minutes - sits in the dumpster now

Rich Sennett

Hi Lamar - you have to have tool enabled or you will get that error message

Also turn on ai in P3D but I dont think that matters as p3d really has no control on how much is showing - you have to use UT2  to do it in main menu - leave it enabled unless you are installing a native p3d program and remember to turn it back on (tool) to make future changes in UT2 gui

Think of it this way UT2  is now your settings master for ai - tools not enabled it wont work

Hi Rich, thank you so much for your help. I have traffic now and couldn't be happier!! I have set my ut2 traffic manager to 50% airliner traffic and 30% GA. Seems a good balance. Not a hit on FPS either. Thanks again my friend.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Hi Rich, thank you so much for your help. I have traffic now and couldn't be happier!! I have set my ut2 traffic manager to 50% airliner traffic and 30% GA. Seems a good balance. Not a hit on FPS either. Thanks again my friend.

Excellent - glad you have it working well - kind of a pain that you cant shut it down in p3d - guess you cant have everything

Rich Sennett

Hi guys, does anybody know if this works in version 3.2??

I used to have ut2 working in version 3.1 but did a clean install when I updated to Windows 10 and although I got traffic working again in 3.1 I got a DLL missing error on startup.

Have just done another fresh install of Windows 10 and looking to download P3D again fully version 3.2. My copy of migration tool is the latest on their site which is a later version than the one you mention Richard.

Thanks in advance

Ian