Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

FSX Airports and Airac / FMS

I have a question regarding Airports... For example,  PADQ and PANC, runway magnetic headings have changed.  Ie PADQ RWY 25 is now RWY 26. Is there anyway to change these in FSX?  PANC in FSX it is RWY 6, but now it is RWY 7.

It seems like PADQ RWY 26 should be closed to departing traffic.  Use RWY 29 instead?  Is there a way this can be configured in the FSX airport configuration?  This also seems to impact FMS / Airac consistently, since the Airac updates have the latest and greatest airport data.

Has anybody flown out of PADQ real world?  I know as a pilot I would probably be reluctant to depart on runway 26 , with a hill / mountain starring me in the face.

Thanks!

I don't think you can change those values directly from within FSX, but you can in Airport Design Editor or a similar program.

for runway designation and headings I guess this is a good solution :

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html -> ILS/Rwy regional updates for North America update.

for the runway usage I'dont know as I don't use ATC / AI TRAFFIC, but my understanding is that you can fix your problems with AFCAD files, try avsim library.

Kenz,

This worked perfectly!  It even changed the Runway from 25 to 26 at PADQ!  I assume PANC will be the same.

Does a new ILS / Regional update come out every time there is a Airac update / change?

Thanks again!

I'm having this problem too with the NGX, different data sometimes resulting in localizer deviation message. I'm using updated default airports by Ray Smith snd few more authors found in the library. Now I'm wondering will this world navaids package still be compatible with updated airports?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Well, the main reason I downloaded updated afcard versions is to hopefully correct wrong ILS approaches and different runway numbers, and icing on a cake are added objects, buildings and jetways.

So, in your opinion, is it better to stay on default airports with updated navaids, or to use a bit more detailed upgraded versions?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Do these packages add runways completely missing from stock FSX, for example at Dulles KIAD, Seattle KSEA, Chicago O'Hare KORD?  If not, that would be a good reason to add AFCAD-type airport files.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

It seems like PADQ RWY 26 should be closed to departing traffic.  Use RWY 29 instead?  Is there a way this can be configured in the FSX airport configuration?  This also seems to impact FMS / Airac consistently, since the Airac updates have the latest and greatest airport data. Has anybody flown out of PADQ real world?  I know as a pilot I would probably be reluctant to depart on runway 26 , with a hill / mountain starring me in the face.

Thanks!

As far as I know, FSX will disregard any setting that isn't the same for both ends of the runway. So even if you set 26 to landing only and 08 to take off only,

FSX will ignore that and use both 08 and 26 for landings and take off. I don't if there is any other solution but just change it with programs like ADE does not solve it.