Sign in to follow this  
mdata

Aligning IRS in flight / resuming a saved flight

Hi all,

I am using the CS 767 in P3Dv3.1 (knowing it being not officially supported there, maybe it will be some day...). Anyway, I could install it and got familiar with it quite fast. So far it is working fine, as long I am not doing things that are impossible to be done in real world, e.g. saving a flight and - beware - resuming a saved flight.

I attempted a flight from KLAS to KORD but had to quit mid flight. When I wanted to resume the saved flight the trouble started:
First, P3D did not want to start anymore, telling me that the "Prepar3D_Default.fxml" would be corrupt and I would have to repair P3D.
Having had a look at the file showed me that CS had written a config section into it starting after the xml code of the default P3D flight.

[CaptainSim]
PF000=1
PF001=4

This explained why P3D did regard the default flights' xml as broken. I removed this section - and I removed the same section from my 767 saved flight files (here the CS767 had added its' AC state description as well).

Now I was able to start P3D and load my saved flight somewhere between Denver and Kansas City at FL350. Of course the 767 systems' state were not saved anymore and most of the systems were without power. By powering them on the OH panel I got most of them back except the IRS and the yaw dampers.
Without the IRS the AP is of course not working, which is not good a good thing to have in flight :wink: ... I managed to hand fly the AC to Kansas City Intl and get my Pax to the gate in one piece.

In order to avoid a similar incident I wanted to check with you guys if you experience the same behavior when saving flights (if anyone does at all) with CS aircraft that are not yet on P3D.
And, does anyone of you know a way to realign the IRS in flight? I have not found a word on this on the hundreds of pages of the 767 manual unfortunately. However, I guess that this is something that might happen to be necessary in real world too (hopefully not too often).

Thank you for your time and advice,

Cheers
Frank

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have not found a word on this on the hundreds of pages of the 767 manual unfortunately. However, I guess that this is something that might happen to be necessary in real world too (hopefully not too often).

IRS can only be aligned on the ground with the aircraft at standstill.

If there were a fault with the IRS during flight I believe the overhead panel selector switch is placed in ATT (attitude) and you should be able to use the A/P basic functions. Just not IRS/INS navigation.

Thank you Peter,

Yes, this is how I got at least the flight instruments like the HSI and the ASI back working.But the autopilot was non-functional. I guess that in this special case it is because of running in P3D and the CS767 not being able to write the AC state to a save file with its' format it can cope with.

Is there anybody else out there using the CS767 in P3D and experiencing the same?

Thanks a lot

Frank

Sign in to follow this