Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Aerosoft Calvi St Catherine

I cannot seem to be able to find any reviews of this addon and I just wondered how does it perform? I note that, although a relatively small airport, it is a 4GB installation and some other large Aerosoft addons have caused some VAS issues for me in the past. 

Feedback from any users would be appreciated.

Bill

Bill

I can't answer your question because I don't have the Aerosoft version.

Three versions of the airport were released within the space of about a year. I have the first released of them, by OFX Simulation, aspects of which I was less than enthused about.

The other version is by FSX3D.

Simmarket has the three versions. One has a customer review and you can compare the screenshots of the three.

You will also find discussion of at least two of the versions by searching "Calvi" on the AirDailyX News site.

For other parts of Corsica, there have been some very good airport products produced by developers in the past year or so, including two good airports (which I have) by RFScenerybuilding and an airbase by Skydesigners..

Gary

Thanks Gary,

I was thinking of going for the Aerosoft version as it looked like the best of the three in the screenshots. I had looked at the Air Daily X site but they didn't really review it and just gave a similar description to that on SImmarket.

I also have Bastia and Ajaccio Airports produced by RFSceneryBuilding and I agree they are very good quality, which is why I thought of adding Calvi to my setup. As I said however, I am just slightly wary of the performance of this due to its large size.

Bill

Bought the Aerosoft version as it was in a sale at the Flight Sim Pilot Shop and seemed good value. Will flight test it tonight and give some feedback as there appear to be no reviews online on this product.

Bill

Just carried out a brief flight from the Aerosoft version of Calvi using the default Baron and I am pleased to be able to report that VAS usage was very low and frame rates were very good. The airport itself is quite small but very nicely reproduced with good textures on buildings and lots of small detail. Looking at this scenery addon, it is a bit surprising that it requires 4GB of disc space although I have to admit I am not sure how much of the surrounding scenery was provided by Aerosoft Calvi or how much was provided by True Landscape France and FTX Europe LC Europe both of which are installed on my system. In summary, I'm very pleased with this little airport addon which nicely complements the two RF Scenery airport addons for this island.

Bill