In December I bought the GTX970 graphics card from msi. Ever since I bought it after a while my monitor would go black and then come back with a message saying display driver has stopped responding and successfully  recovered causing my fsx to black screen then crash. I have downloaded all the correct and up to date drivers for the graphics card from the Nvidia website. It keeps happening,

please help!

thanks i will try this

I have the same card and the same problem. although it's not every flight, maybe one in five times. Did you find a more stable driver that has cured the problem?

Eugene

If you guys are OC, Set CPU and GPU to default and test.

Thanks Alex, but I bought my PC with a Skylake 6700 already OC'd, as I'm not very techy. I wouldn't know how to revert to default, and would worry I'd never get the OC back :smile:

But my loss of display driver isn't as frequent as the OP, so I can live with it.

Eugene

How do I do that? Celis

Since you asked me that, I think is not needed. 

running a hot cpu, gpu could end up with several problems, ctd, bsod, etc. But I think OC isn't your case.

I found a similar thread and it might be helpful.

http://goo.gl/M5O2mO

that's only if your motherboard has built in video card.

It hasnt worked. I did the steps then used DDU to uninstall and downgrade to an earilier driver and my computer just blue screened. With a message saying "attempted to reset display driver and failed.

This was whilst on fsx

I'm using version 359.00  WHQL on win10

Remove drivers again with DDU and do a custom install (Clean) and install only Graphic Driver and Physx, skip 3D, HD Audio and Geforce Experience.

http://goo.gl/OiEJik

http://goo.gl/rM1ToI

Create s system restore before doing this changes.

Good luck.

My problem was that everytime I reboot, win10 uninstall the nvidia driver and set my GPU as Generic. I have a GTX980.

So I disable windows update drivers feature and use external one (like driver booster and manually for nvidia). Once you have your computer running properly, theres no need for updates imo (unless high security risk is involved or a really good proven boost).

But the cause could be anything, motherboard, bios, psu, overheating, and most likely windows registry and drivers.

I also have a GTX690 on another computer and on that one, I have to update the bios. (careful here), because I was getting a black screen on boot.

If you have a spare disk, try with a clean windows and see how it works. 

Hopefully someone with the same GPU you have and had a similar experience, jumps in and help you out.

Good luck

I read a thread on a forum that said there are some graphics cards in the 900 series to be faulty. Should I downgrade to the 700 series or get a new 970 and see how it works out?