Sign in to follow this  
qcaptain

Fatal Error with German Landmarks X

Hello Fellow simmers

Just got a question. I have installed Aerosoft German Landmark x however when I go to programme the GPS eg I click the D with the arrow through it then when I click the gps knob to enter a destination I get a Fatal error. Does anyone know how to fix this problem. Ive un-installed the scenery now and no fatal error when I touch the gps. It looks a great addon but no good if I cant fly with it. I dont have German VFR airfields. If anyone has had this problem and solved it , I would appreciate how it was fixed.

The error is most likely with the GPS and not with the Aerosoft product.  Crashes with aircraft gauges are common and it may be just a permission issue.  So, when you click on a gauge that was not "blessed" by FSX or your computer system, your computer will not allow you access to it.  What aircraft are you using? Is it an addon?  Did you install it with Administrative Privileges and/or was UAC and any anti-virus program disabled from scanning your installation and use of the product?  What sim are you using?  What operating system?

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It's with any aircraft Jim Carenado, default aircraft etc. The only aircraft not affected is anything with an FMC like PMDG and Aerosoft Airbus. FSX is the sim all UAC are disabled, antivirus was not disabled during install .OS Windows 7 Professional

If your anti-virus program was enabled during the installation of FSX and any addon, like German Landmarks, then that could be the problem as anti-virus programs have been known to have "false positives" and not install a required registry entry or .dll as it thinks the file or program is a virus.  Make sure you use Admin Rights and UAC and any anti-virus program is disabled when you install the product.  I have searched the Internet relentlessly for other individuals posting this crash and cannot find any like what you are experiencing (search term - Aerosoft German Landmarks X Crash).

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim Ill try re installing it German Landmarks with my antivirus turned off. I didnt know that about fsx though  Ive just done a complete re install of fsx about 350 GB so dont really want to do a full re install.I guess I could do a repair with the anti virus off.

Also, when you go to "programme the GPS" is that to a default aircraft or the Aerobus.  If it is the Aerobus, then I would reinstall that too.  A repair of FSX will change the fsx.cfg and scenery.cfg to the default so best you keep a backup of the scenery.cfg (you probably already have several backups in the folder).  Make sure you repair all of FSX (i.e., FSX and Acceleration OR FSX and SP1 and SP2).

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Hello Jim the aircraft affected are all stock standard planes and all other planes that use the pop up GPS like Carenado Real Air the list goes on... :smile: Planes that have to be flown with the FMC are fine.This applies to choppers as well. It happens even If I zoom down in the vc and programmed it that way as well I have FSX Acceleration Gold, Ive also started having trouble with auto run Orbox vector it wont disable the Airports that need AEC correction can do it manually but its a nuisance.

Ive check out orbx forums done a re install as they say but still have problems with Vector as well.

Ill try re doing that as well with antivirus off. thanks for your advice, Ill report back once I do the repair and re install.. I have the GTN 750 installed as well in some planes, I haven't checked that out with GL installed. I have had GL working before once. I had to do a re install of windows OS recently, and with that a full re install of fsx.

Re installed repaired fsx with antivirus off and still get fatal error when programming the gps test was done on the default trike.

Unfortunately I have no additional suggestions except for -

• make sure you have Microsoft.net 2.0 installed (this manages the memory and the running of FSX)(see page 7, AVSIM CTD Guide for links and more information)
  • make sure you have Microsoft Visual C++2005 w/SP1 (see pages 6 and 7 of the AVSIM CTD Guide for a picture of the required Visuals and their versions as shown in the Add/Remove Programs).  For FSX, you need Microsoft Visual C++2005 w/SP1 and 2008 w/SP1.  Any others will not be used while using FSX but, if they are required, the software addon will install it if needed.
  • increase heap limitations (see page 7 of the AVSIM CTD Guide)

I'm not going to recommend or say anything about the uiautomationcore.dll in your main FSX folder as discussed on page 7 of the AVSIM CTD Guide.  I'll let others make that recommendation as I do not believe in this potential fix (I have never used it and my FSX has run perfectly since 2006 except for a few crashes that were unrelated).  It could do more harm that good and, if it is in your main fsx folder, then you should move it to a temporary folder. 

Link to the CTD Guide is in my signature.  I hope one of these works as I'm running out of ideas.  If it was a common crash, I think I would have seen more discussions here at AVSIM or at other Flight Simulator websites but I do not see anyone else with the problem.  Perhaps I'm not looking in the right places...

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM