Sign in to follow this  
f.skywalker

SOP 2 and PACKS OFF problem

Hi Bryan,

i have a big problem.

I flying with Voice Controll SOP2.

After i say preflight checklist please comes the problem.

not always on the same time.

The FS2Crew say PACKS OFF. I don not say anything. Nothing.

Sometimes the problem comes  very often . The PACKS switch off.

I must turn the Packs on many times on the Ground or in the Air.

In the green Bar i can see the Word PACKS OFF...... when i have the headset with mute.

i cant understand this because the command comes without speaking and Mute.

The log file shows alsow the line Packs Off (Captain)

At no time a speak this.

I love the fs2crew.............when it is running .....

Sorry about my bad englisch.

Frank from EDDM

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

I get this sometimes, but I'm just testing this out.

Open up FS2crew

Click on SEC

Click on DEP and APP and look for BLEEDS

I'm going to click on Unpressurised TO (take off) and Unpressurised LDG (Landing) to see if this helps.

I've not tried it yet, but give it ago and see if it helps.

Ronnie

Also remember that even if Soft or Hard Mute is running, the speech recognition system will still detect words (hence what you see in the green bar).

However, the FO will not act on what the speech recognition system hears.  It's like the FO has hand hands tied.

That's the crucial part to know.

Also

The log file shows alsow the line Packs Off (Captain)

Run the voice training again.  Keep your mouth a bit further away from your mouth.  

The system is somehow hearing a sound that it's interpreting as you saying "packs off".

Thanks,

i have a german WIndows 7 64 an change it with vistamare to use the voice pack.

A long time a have no problem with PACKS OFF. It worked.

I test on the weekend to change my complete system with vistamare in Englisch to make the speech training.

After the training i have the same problem. Always PACKS OFF with MUTE. (In the Green Bar - Captain Bleeds Off)

In my Room are no people or a sound.

I get to my image back with the german WIndows because there is no differece.

Then i must fly with buttom controll.

(Ronie 1968)

I will test it on my next flight. i hope it will working

Frank from EDDM

Frank

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt

Hi Bryan,

can it be change by a fix or update from FS2Crew.

Frank from EDDM

Hi Frank,

I'm not really sure what I can fix.

As I explained, with "Mute" on, what you say will still show up in the Green Bar, but the FO won't do anything.  Mute basically ties the FO's hands.

Are you trying to do a Packs of takeoff?

Also, I don't recommend Vistalizator anymore.  Windows 10 is really the way to go.

Hi Bryan,

I give up. I tried everything. Again and again pack off .

I do nothing. Headset is on mute . After Preeflight Checklist always comes the PACK OFF message .

Sometimes the crew also says packs High .

I take a lot of new installations. Nothing helpt.

Nights I test without success .

Unfortunately, I have now flying on Button controll

Frank

what happens  when you  try sop1  or 3

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

i Pete,

i can make a test.

First i will make a new installation from my soundcard - software. ALC1150-Realtek

I use a Logitech Headset H800 and make alsow a test with a other device. Same problem.

Maybe it is the soundcard driver or software. 

I speend a lot of time for this problem...............................

I cant understand this.

Frank 

one  way to test if  its your  head  set is  to remove  your  head  set   and  just use  the button version

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Button works perfect.

Frank

Hi all,

I have the same "packs off" problem, every now and then. Sometimes is "packs high". I seldom make a flight without at least one "packs off" command from my FO.

I think that's just a function of the speech recognition system misrepresenting a cough, or some sound, etc., as "packs".

Speech recognition works really well, but it will never be 100 percent perfect.  Even humans aren't perfect  :smile: