Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

Milviz F-4J/S...any feedback (or even on the F-4E)

I've been looking at the Milviz F-4J/S a bit recently, but am wondering on what the feedback on this one is like.  The reviews I've seen are generally favorable, but look more at the early release of the F-4E.  I assume the F-4J/S is very similar, but at that these were reviews of earlier releases of the F-4E I think.

In particular my interests are 1) systems depth and 2) flight model (particularly low speed behind the boat).  The only 2 military aircraft I have kept around much have been the VRS F/A-18E and Aerosoft F-14X to give an idea of the depth and realism I am hoping looking at here.  

I am moving to P3D v3.1, but have not had any other version of P3D, so I will be waiting for the TacPack update and F-14X update for a while before being fully moved over.  However, if anyone has news on future TacPack plans for the F-4J/S.

Eric Szczesniak

From VRS's forum:

"Prepar3D v3 support is forthcoming but there is no timeline for release and it is not a high priority for us right now"

From VRS's forum:

"Prepar3D v3 support is forthcoming but there is no timeline for release and it is not a high priority for us right now"

I know, hence the comment on I'll be waiting for those updates before being completely transitioned.

Eric Szczesniak

Have you looked at the new F-100 Supersaber? Tacpack out of the gate. It is without a doubt their best military aircraft to date. The flightmodel is excellent and they even modeled compressor stalls etc. It may not be the F-4 if thats what you have your heart set on(Navy a/carrier ops?). Both are quite a bit older aircraft than the superbug so are a bit less complex but just about everything that needs to work works. The F-4 does have a shared cockpit feature but I haven't had a chance to use it. I haven't seen anything saying if it is intended to make the F-4 TacPack compatible.

Both have good flight models but I give the F-100 slightly better marks on that. I have yet to land the F-4 on a carrier as I suck at it so can't comment on that part.