Well, the new rig is finished!!!

It's built as follows:

i5 6600k

8GB Gskill 5 3000 (8 more on the way)

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming

Samsung 500GB SSD

Corsiar CX 600 PSU

Seagate 2TB 7200 RPM 

So far it runs WAY better than the old unit.  It can hit over 80 fps here and there.  With ORBX socal, ASN with low clouds and haze in souther california the fps can get down there a bit, into the 20s.  I have to play with the setting and see how things pan out but as it is it's lightyears ahead of the old system.  

Recommendations on P3D setting are welcomed.  Wanted to share a photo for everyone as the community had a great deal of input into the unit.  

Thank you to everyone here for the advise and wisdom that helped me getting this rig up and running on my budget!!!

24416936863_8cfa9284e4_c.jpg

Thats great news.

But have you got the ram in the right slots? Check your manual, for two module operation they are usually apart  and colour coded, not adjacent. 

Thats great news.

But have you got the ram in the right slots? Check your manual, for two module operation they are usually apart  and colour coded, not adjacent. 

That's what I thought also but it reads all 8GB.   

That's what I thought also but it reads all 8GB

It will read 8GB but in single channel.  Check mobo manual, usually sticks go in staggered slots for dual channel.

It will read 8GB but in single channel.  Check mobo manual, usually sticks go in staggered slots for dual channel.

You are correct.  Dual channel needs alternating slots.  So if I'm just throwing another 8GB of identical ram in there in a few days it'll be a moot point.  Good to know though, if I go with larger size I'll have to stagger them.  

The ASrock Z170 pro4s.   I'm going to wait a bit on OC to see what sort of results and voltages folks are using.  Not a ton of info out there just yet.  Once I've got a feel for what folks are using I'll get to the OC.