Trying to install the M panel from VR Insight. Couldn't run the installer from the disc. It doesn't complete the install, it says something is lacking.

Has anyone installed this for FS9?

Help!

Paul

Trying to install the M panel from VR Insight. Couldn't run the installer from the disc. It doesn't complete the install, it says something is lacking.

Has anyone installed this for FS9?

Help!

Paul

I think you have to go to Their site and download new drivers - been to long since I owned one - but pretty sure I didnt use a disk

Rich Sennett

What is the website address? VRInsight.com didn't work and the support email doesn't work either.

Paul

Thanks, I'll see what happens. These look like the installers I used already.

I'll let you know.

Paul

I still have not found an answer to my install problem. The "installers" put two icons on my desktop, one is "VRiSim" and the other is "SerialFP2" . what ever they are. If I click on the VRiSim icon it says - searching for the panels - .  After about 4-5 min. it says it cannot find any panels.

So, I'm missing something here. It seems to me that this "panel finder" is looking for any of their panels not just the M Panel.

Has anyone else installed this thing successfully?

Please help,

Paul

You need someone that owns this hardware to try and help - I dont have one and useless without one - sorry - good luck

Rich Sennett

Try downloading it from the website. Scroll to m panel and download from there and it comes factory pre installed with pmdg 737 and 777 modules just make sure you add them .

I would talk you through it but I'm away from the sim for a few months

http://vrinsight.com/devel_shot/

Edit I see rich supplied it

ZORAN

Did you install the panel specific software after installing the base software which gave you the VRI and Serial FP2 icons?

I'm assuming FSUIPC is installed?

Yes, the VRi software is looking for all VRi devices, there's a refresh button if it doesn't find it firs time.

It's a shame the VRi forum shut down, product support is a major problem for VRi that needs to be addressed, the technical support email is very hit and miss, maybe we should start one in AVSIM?

Eugene

Beerwolfe, and Overload,  I downloaded them from that website, the "install base package" and the one for the M Panel.

I have FSUIPC, paid version and latest version.

Get back to me when you get a chance, Thanks so much.

Can you look in "Control Panel/Device manager" and check under "Ports (Comms and LPT)"  that "USB Serial Port (Coms 3)"  is showing - just to double check Serial FP installed successfully?

When you ran Panel Mapper, even if it located your FS9 folder without you having to browse to it, the manual (Pg 36-39) still says use the browse function.

Did you run Panel Mapper with Admin Rights?

Clutching at straws, but that's all I can think of?

Eugene

I've been using M Panel for several years and is a brilliant piece of kit when it works! Can be tempermental, sometimes reinstalling FSUIPC - paid version - can help, but since I've gone to Prepar3d v3.1 it does not appear to be recognised. The vr radio stack works fine. Sounds like updated drivers are required.

Overload, Here is a shot of my devises and I sure don't see comm3. Now what?

(I guess I don't know how to post a pic.)

So how do I get comm 3 to show up?

Paul

When you install the base package software, it then gives you the option of installing the serial FP USB software. Do you remember as you came towards the end of the base package software install, seeing a final page, with a tick-box that had written next to it "Install USB serial drivers", you can re-install the base package again, it will just over-write the files currently there, and make sure you keep going to the end when the USB serial driver tick box appears, tick it, then click Finish.

As ever, do it with Admin privileges, not sure if it makes a difference in this case, but I always install stuff with UAC set off, and anti-virus and firewall disabled (Win 7), what operating system are you using?

But the really important thing is seeing that USB serial driver box ticked, and then press finish.

From page 24 of the manual.

"VRInsight’s flight panel is connected to PC’s USB port and communicated via serial
port. By check “Install USB-Serial Driver”, the driver software will be installed
automatically at the finishing phase of installation procedure".

You upload pics by retrieving them from a cloud site like dropbox (I think), I've never had any luck since this system came in, it always tells me an invalid file type has been used, but they're regular JPG's and PNG's, there are tutorials on how to do it, if you do a search.
Others manage it, so must just be me being stupid :smile:
Eugene