Thanks Eugene, That was it! I made sure that box was checked and it installed the drivers, although I got multiple warnings that these would destabilize my system.

I took it up for a flight and it seems to work well. Why does the installation process have to be so convoluted and such a mystery? Also, I was using Win XP and some of the instructions didn't seem to apply.

I see you have to start it every session also.

Anyway, it seems to be up and running.

Thank you,

Paul

Yep, it's odd that since the serial usb drivers are  essential to get the M panel working, it's not installed automatically with the rest of the software, whilst giving the impression it has by producing a serial FP  icon.

I've got quite a lot of VRi stuff, and found that once the quirky nature of the install is done, it works well, and seems reliable. 

I answered this posting because I'd recently installed my 4 year old original MCP panel into a new P3d 3.1 setup - I wasn't sure it would work, but it's fine, and the principles for the MCP are the same as the M panel, so it was fresh in my mind.

The last VRi thing I bought was the Prop Cockpit Trainer - expensive yes - but in cockpit building terms not bad, and it's a great bit of kit! Here:

http://www.vrinsightshop.com/shop/step1.php?number=21

Glad we got it sorted!

Eugene

WOW What a setup !  Nice to have everything already done and ready to fly.

One last question on the M Panel, How would I turn the course needle on the HSI like you can with the Heading bug?

Thanks,

Paul

How would I turn the course needle on the HSI like you can with the Heading bug?

I had a look at the manual, I don't think it's possible, it only mentions changing the hdg not the course needle.

Eugene