Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Convert all aircraft to latest format.

"Recently a patch or update came out correcting prop plane behavior. Should I use the "convert all aircraft to latest format" selection in Plane Maker to force my  downloaded aircraft to use the new prop behavior?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I think you would be safe in the default aircraft Paul, but the "tuned" aircraft like the REP versions and the SAAB have cautioned against it.  I noticed that the Carenado C210 has been updated to a new version (can't remember the number right now) and don't know if that has anything to do with the new torque settings or not, but it seems to be more stable although that might be my imagination!

It would have been nice if Carenado had notified me (and I guess the other customers) of the update and what it contained, but they didn't.  (I purchase all my Carenados directly from them)

There has been no definitive statement as to overall recommendations that I know of. 

John

John Wingold

Unless there is specifically an issue with one of your planes, I wouldn't recommend it. Lots of aircraft have workarounds in place and trying to fix them in planemaker may also break the workaround and give you odd results. For old aircraft which aren't being updated then it's worth a try, but for the newer aircraft, I'd recommend waiting for a patch or some information from the developer.

John, haven't all default aircraft now already been given this fix? 

John, haven't all default aircraft now already been given this fix? 

I don't know Tony.  You would think so, but even so, I wouldn't think the "fix" would hurt them.  I did all my defaults when the information came out and it may not have done anything, but didn't hurt them either.

John

John Wingold

I believe Carenado aircraft went to versions 3.2 which includes their adjustment for the prop torque.  They are saying to update to their new versions but do not resave their aircraft in PlaneMaker as this would "over-correct" the adjustment.

I did receive an e-mail from Carenado regarding this.  I have a lot of their aircraft and found that you can simply open your account page there and download the new versions.  The counter was reset for me after I e-mailed them for clarification of the issue, as I had some older aircraft that had been updated a couple of times.

I also have several singles and twins from Peters and STMA and I will send them an e-mail before I try updating their aircraft in 10.45r2.  This can be confusing, and if you update some of these in PlaneMaker, and find the fix isn't good, you can't backup unless you had a backup copy or saved the original download zip file.

So leave the stock aircraft alone and any payware aircraft check with dev to see if there is an update, if not convert it. All freeware aircraft, mainly older versions, should be converted. Correct?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

For freeware, I'd say give it a go. If it's freeware and it makes it worse then you can always just revert it again. 

Question; how can I convert just one plane? The only option in Plane Maker that I can see is Convert All Planes.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png