Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

EditVoicePack - New airline Callsign

Hello one and all,

First post in a couple of years for me as I have been seriously separated from my FS9 computer (it was in Indonesia and I was in Australia)

Back into it now and current project (other than learning to fly again) is to create a new charter airline.

Name will be Five Star Charter and utilising the FeelThere Phenom 100, Eaglesoft Citation and Ifly 737BBJ3.  I will eventually get round to repaints for these three aircraft but my initial problem is getting that Airline name into FS9

I have spent many, many many hours trying to get EVP working and have so far had to endure four different errors (two of which are the dreaded "missing Cab files" and the "cannot find the correct path to FS9.exe." The other two I managed to fix and cannot remember the errors .... Old age I guess.

I have almost given up researching these errors via Google and none of the fixes have worked for me so far.  I read somewhere that My Traffic was incompatible so I uninstalled that too, to no discernible effect.

Out of sheer frustration, may I please appeal to someone who has this (EVP) working to please input that callsign into the FS2004 airline list  for me so that I, and/or others can utilise it.  I am not even sure if this will work for me but I cannot see a reason why it should not work. If this is actually achievable,  can I please be advised via this post when completed. Each aircraft will be assigned the callsign Five Star 001 ... well, that is the intention anyway,

Further, I will post later regarding the repaints (I am a complete amateur and have never done this before) but the initial intention is just to change the existing colours to Green and Gold with a gold star impregnated with a Green 5 on the vertical stabiliser and winglets (where applicable) ... change aircraft Registration to VH-CAC and put a name (Candra Awianningsih) below cockpit windows.

I do not think this will be too hard but must do some research first.

Anyway, any help with the EVP problem is going to be vastly appreciated.

Thanks again and best wishes to you all

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Tony,

Welcome back...perhaps you might consider updating to P3Dv3 to really appreciate the changes in simming that have taken place in your absence. To your request, there are many youtube videos available that should get your desired result. They are quite simple to follow, just remember to backup your original files before you start.

....a fellow Aussie

Tony,

Welcome back...perhaps you might consider updating to P3Dv3 ........

What's THIS all about in the FS2004 forum?  FS2004 does quite well here in FS2004 land.

Fellow Aussie,

Whilst this, as been pointed out, is off topic, I really would like to respond.

Firstly, Thanks for your response.

I have spent at least 10 frustrating and agonising years trying to get FSX to work.  I started simming with fs95 with a single monitor and by the time I got to FS2004 i was utilising up to 9 monitors with 3 graphics cards and using one computer.  Enormously satisfying esperience.

Along came FSX and I reckon I was one of the first to upgrade.  Along came(just like the spider) my first CTD as soon as I hit the "fly now"  button.  Not a good start.  I can get it to run beautifully with one monitor and get it to run badly with two monitors, but, simply put, that is a place I don't really want to visit.  I love my multiple monitors, which by the way I have now reduced to 4 monitors in the following configuration.

1 x 60 inch HDTV - main panel in VC mode,

1 x 40 inch HDTV - aft overhead and overhead panel

1 x 22 inch LED Monitor - 2 x CDU, lower DU, and

1 x 24 inch LED Monitor -  aft electrical panel.

All this for Ifly 737 (BBJ3)

That explains FSX.  Whilst P3D is an improvement and an ongoing one, on FSX and is (at the moment) the only semi viable replacement, until it goes to 64bit and can run multiple monitors, I will not be gong there.  Lets see what Dovetail comes up with and then there is always the new (ground up) sim utilising the unigen system which may, or may not, be up and running later this year. Again apologies for two off topics.

As Gwillmot has stated FS2004 remains for me and, obviously for others, a great platform which takes a hell of a lot of beating.

Again guys, Thanks for your responses, but if anyone can put that Five Star Charter into the airline index for me I would really appreciate it and lets be honest, that was the original topic.

Have a great day, evening or night 

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Guest JustanotherPilot

What's THIS all about in the FS2004 forum?  FS2004 does quite well here in FS2004 land.

Realize that just playing Devil's advocate. I still use FS2004 as well, to be honest, I find I sometimes prefer it over P3D to best utilize the full power of my computer, and it doesn't crash the system. Seriously though there are numerous instructional videos available that would help Tony out.

Steve,

Thanks for your response.

I have spent many hours looking at those videos, uninstalling and reinstalling EVP, using registry fixes, uninstalling and reinstalling FS2004, uninstalling my traffic , looking at more videos and repeating all of the above.

What little hair I have left, looks like a badly built birds  nest after being ravaged by a tree climbing fox.  I m frustrated beynd the telling, which is why I have resorted to this post.  

I firmly believe that if I could get this programme to run, it is a simple matter to put that callsign into the FS2004 register of airlines.  My problem remains ... I just cannot get EVP to run despite, fastidiously following instructions.  If I am doing something wrong, then I am repeating it endlessly and I do not know what it is that is being done wrongly.

Again, please, if anyone who has EVP working and can input that callsign into the FS2004 register of airlines/callsigns, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks again Steve

Tony Chilcott 

Tony Chilcott.

Each aircraft will be assigned the callsign Five Star 001

To be clear. The callsign is "FiveStar 001" or "FiveStar" with "001" being the flight number?

Editroit, 

Hello and thank you for your reply.

You are, of course, correct.  The new Airline will be Five Star Charter.  The callsign required will be Five Star and the flight number will be 001. What I require is that ATC will call me "Five Star 001"  I am aware that I can assign the flight number in the aircraft change box.

All aircraft in the fleet will be the same.

Thank you

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

Hello again everyone,

Well, I have to admit that I am near as damnit to giving up on this.  I am still going round and round with EVP with absolutely no results. and if anybody has tried to put the new Five Star into the FS9 airline list I cannot find it and the best I can get is to be called 001 or VH-CAC or Embraear CAC

I have fundamentally decided that I have no desire to be a masochist at this stage of my life.

Such is life, however, I would like to thank those of you who did respond.

Until next time

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

Hello Tony,

A big download. After unzipping the file to a temporary folder put all files in your FS9/Sound folder apart from the aircraft.cfg which should go in your FS9/Aircraft folder. The callsign is one word FIVESTAR.

Important!  backup any files that mine attempt to overwrite. 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wgpds382eedy43j/Fivestar.zip

Edetroit,

Many Many thanks for this.  

Unfortunately (for me) I am again separated from my computer as I am taking a three day trip to Bali from my home in East Java.  I hope to be returning on Tuesday and I will respond again with news of that installation.  Again, thank you so much .. you have no idea how I appreciate your effort.

Regards

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

Tony,

Once you have Editvoicepack working, you will have to install the callsign yourself. Nobody can do it for you.

But you don't have to create it - Graham Jackson created a "FIVE STAR" callsign many years ago and for a while it was available amongst the automatic updates but these have been discontinued.

Instead, all of those additional files are available on my web site at http://www.adventure-unlimited.org/ in the files section. Navigate round the site to find the callsign(s) you want and download it. Then (once you have the programme working) you need to import it, update the airlines.cfg file and update the voivepack - all of those steps are done through the programme.

Just an idea that has occurred to me - you are installing version 3.1 and not XL? The latter will not work with FS2004. There is a support forum at http://fsonline.dk/forum/viewforum.php?f=4 where you may find answers, but v3.1 is not officially supported any more.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Edetroit,

Well mate, I am home again and first thing bak through the front door, downloaded and installed your "FIX"

Wonderful, fantastic and mind blowingly successful. Had a quick flight and to hear Fivestar 001 fr the first time was magical.

Very slight problem and that is the speed of ATC now.  it is so fast that I find it almost incomprehensible (I am slightly deaf and physically have to read the text to understand it all)  Is there a way to slow it down?  I looked at the downloaded GVP files that go into the sound directory, but cannot open them.  I can only assume that is where the speed of speech is coming from.

However, if I cannot fix that, it is a small problem and one I can learn to live with and with the euphoria of "Fivestar 001" it pales alost into insignificance.

Thank you again so very much for your effort and kindness in doing this for me.

Regards

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

Hi Tony,

You may have accidentally ticked the box marked "Accelerate Voicepack" when you did the update. Just go through the same Update Voicepack procedure again (you don't need to do the other steps) and make sure the box is unticked.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Hello Tony,

This file will put the FSATC back to normal speed. Please read the readme in the file first before adding/removing files.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4d06peabrmf7tdi/Fivestar_slow.zip

If you like flying into busy airports with full AI like I do. The accelerated ATC is a great help for expediting AI.

Anyway now you have a choice of both. Happy flying.  :p0503:

regards

Ed