Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Night Environment Florida As Seen From A Flightdeck

Hi Everyone,

Just doing some testing of Night Environment Florida, getting some serious pausing that I have to work on... But I cut all that out of the video, except the last one on short final but that was a baby one. :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weKW6AwXBmU

• Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Congrats on your setup Mike, I've just been over on your Youtube-channel, great stuff.

Cheers,

23.png

Seems like it's going about 100 knots faster than it looks like in real life

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

- B737 / B777 / B-727 / EMB-145 / LR-JET

Hi,

Still working out the lighting issue and zoom factor; I was using the recommended setting for the photo real, however it's since been adjusted. I'm still testing but the night lighting looks 100% better today... I've been messing with P3D3.1 lighting settings, I think I found a setup I like. As far as the tile swapping, thanks to Chris over at Night Environment I've cleared that issue up.

Should have another video online soon, this looks SO much better than yesterday.

• Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,

Still working out the lighting issue and zoom factor; I was using the recommended setting for the photo real, however it's since been adjusted. I'm still testing but the night lighting looks 100% better today... I've been messing with P3D3.1 lighting settings, I think I found a setup I like. As far as the tile swapping, thanks to Chris over at Night Environment I've cleared that issue up.

Should have another video online soon, this looks SO much better than yesterday.

If you have the time, I think it would be very cool if you gave a little tour of your setup. Maybe like what you do to start the sim, how the exterior looks, and also a little more up close and personal in the sim vs. the fixed camera position the whole flight. I am very interested to see the inner working and I think others are too. If you do happen to do that Thank You very much!

Hi Angelo,

Maybe some day, but right now the filming I do already is cutting into my sim time way to much as it is.

If you have the time, I think it would be very cool if you gave a little tour of your setup. Maybe like what you do to start the sim, how the exterior looks, and also a little more up close and personal in the sim vs. the fixed camera position the whole flight. I am very interested to see the inner working and I think others are too. If you do happen to do that Thank You very much!

Hi,

Great video! May I ask what lightning settings you apply for night environment? I feel when I use HDR, the glow and bloom of the lights disappear. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hi Brynjar,

Right now I'm using 50 orange, 25 white and 25 yellow, I've been staying away from HDR right now.

Hi Brynjar,

Right now I'm using 50 orange, 25 white and 25 yellow, I've been staying away from HDR right now.

Thanks for answering. Will try those settings myself, although I suspect it looks better on your monitors than my small one.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

its not HDR messing the orange there its Tess!
switch that off and you get the nice orange back,

(im working with LM to try and find a solutoin to this issue)