Sign in to follow this  
MatthiasKNU

P3Dv3.1 strange CTDs

Hello all,

First of all, I am quite new to these forums and sorry for the very, very long post...

I have sine 2-3 weeks a huge CTD-problem, which a can't solve...

The most time of the flight everything works fine but sometimes P3D suddenly freezes. 
The only possibility to close P3D is via the Task Manager.

When P3D crashes, dxdiag.exe shows up in the ProcessHacker for some seconds.

Starting dxdiag manually shows no errors.

There is no entry in the event viewer. When P3D crashes the dxdiag process shows up for some seconds.

The video card memory is not full.
The GPU temp is around 60 - 65 °C and I have a 750 W power supply.

Even a complete clean install of Windows10 and P3D doesn't solve my problem...

I tried to locate the problem and here is the result...

1. The problem only appears after more than 3 - 3 1/2 hours inflight

2. The problem does not appear when I leave an aircraft more hours "ready for takeoff" standing on an airport

3. The problem does appear at all aircraft

4. In the AppCrashView I only get an entry "AppHangB1"

5. Starting dxdiag manually shows no errors.

6. In the dxdiag.txt I have 9 errors of EZCA.

P3D is started with Admin rights, EZCA not.

Yesterday I tried again a flight, only with EZCA, ASN, the PMDG 737 and P3Dv3.1.
No other Addon etc. was running.

Again a CTD when switching on the Dome Light.

But I don't have to do something to let P3D crash, P3D crashs even if I am doing absolutly nothing on my computer.

I even tried a flight without EZCA, that does not change anything.

Today I tried a flight with ProcessMonitor running.
P3D crashed as usual, but i have a big, very big log file.

screenshot number 1:
zwischenablage016rq2f.jpg

The APL-Entry in the registry does not exist.
The .agn-File P3D is looking for does not exist, too.
The Device-Class-key does not exist.

This sequence was repeated the whole time P3D is running.

I found out that P3D is looking for the following registry entry:
HKLM\Software\WOW6432node\Microsoft\APL 
and the entry "Safe Mode".

screenshot number 2:
zwischenablage01zvsmp.jpg

Another little notice:
When I am using an external view, P3D is looking for the APL-entry mentioned above.
When I am using a cockpit view,P3D is looking for this hardware-ID in the second screenshot.

I tried to find out this ID, this ID is existing on my computer, but has only one entry 
properties = 1

I tried to dissolve this hardware-ID, but I came to no result...

AppCrashView screenshot:
zwischenablage01adjr6.jpg

and my dxdiag.txt:

and the full AppCrashView protocoll of the last P3D-CTD:

All benachmarks anb stresstest are working as they should, there are no problems.
Memtest, Prime95 and 3D Mark are running without any errors.

I tried reinstalling the video driver, reinstalling directX, reinstalling Windows 10 (format C), reinstalling P3D, nothing worked for me.

And my system:
I am using P3Dv3.1 and EZCA 1.18.7 with the latest variables.ini on Windows 10 pro x64.
I7-5820K, MSI Z99X, Zotac GTX980 AMP Edition, 16GB DDR4 RAM

I am using water settings "Medium" and I am not using any migration tool.
The VAS at the time of the crash was around 2,4-2,6 GB.
There is no difference between using windowed mode or fullscreen mode

P3D is installed under C:\Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3\
My GPU is not overclocked, my CPU is overclocked. Removing this OC'ed doesn't change anything,
I have the latest drivers for my system.
UAC and Windows Defender is disabled, i am not using any anti virus program.
In the windows event viewer is no entry.

Thank you very, very much in advance!
Kind regards

Matthias

Kind regards, Matthias
My System: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080S, Win11 Pro, MSFS+Prepar3Dv5.3
My photosceneries at the FSXForum and FSDeveloper

A32X_Cockpit.pngbanner_onboard1pfhr.png

Well, I cannot say you didn't provide sufficient information!  You detailed your actions and issues well!

You received a StackHash error when running EZDOK.  Here's what the AVSIM CTD Guide says about a StackHash (better I copy this than write it all out again):

StackHash – See also BEX and NTDLL.dll above. There is no module on your computer system named StackHash so no need to look for it. If the StackHash is shown as the faulting module, it will have four characters next to it like StackHash_0a9e.  That represents the memory address of where the fault occurred. Do not try to look for it.  You will not find it. There is no known solution (except one) to BEX/StackHash errors other than reinstalling Windows and FSX but some have accidently fixed their problem by lowering fsx/display driver settings, rebuilding the FSX.cfg, changing voltages/overclocking settings in the BIOS, disabling all scenery add-ons in the Scenery Library, and/or shutting down FSX only in Windowed Mode and starting up in Windowed Mode but never in Full Screen. One known solution is disabling MyTrafficX 5.4c in your Scenery Library.  An AI schedule might be causing this crash as the schedule may be looking for a flight and it cannot be found.  There are also AFCAD’s that come with MTX and some of those may contain objects.  If disabling the program in the Scenery Library works, then you should reinstall the product and use the default schedules.

I did not include any of the other information in the CTD Guide about this issue as I no longer support those "solutions" but the "probable fixes" above were taken from Googling all flight simulator websites looking for possible solutions to a StackHash and these were the ones I found worked for others.

EZDOK is simply not configured or installed correctly.  I have removed EZDOK from my computer as it is buggy and requires hours, sometimes days, to set up properly so there will be no errors.  I don't need it.  The Russian developers need to develop a product that works right out of the box with little or no additional configuration.  Instead, they have issues written fixes for getting around certain issues with their software.  I suspect the bad installation of EZDOK (probably a SimConnect issue), is the cause of the StackHash.  Do you have all of the SimConnects from FSX installed?  I have no expertise in SimConnect as it is used in Networking and getting an addon like ASN to communicate to P3D.  ASN does an excellent job of setting up SimConnect so their product works efficiently with P3D.  EZDOK has not upgraded their product to make it work out of the box with P3D and I doubt they ever will.  They are hoping people who have configured EZDOK to work with P3D perfectly will tell users how to install their product and how to configure their product.  Our SimConnect forum might have some advice.  There is most likely solutions in the P3D Forum.  If you cannot find any solutions to getting EZDOK to work properly without causing a StackHash, then you will have to uninstall it and hope the developer issues updates to fix the problem.

You need to make sure your system overclock is removed until this problem is fixed as a too high or too low CPU voltage setting will cause a StackHash and/or NTDLL.dll error 100% of the time even though AppCrashView is showing EZDOK as the fault.  You will have to uninstall EZDOK and restart P3D and make sure P3D is again stable.

I always cringe when I hear people reinstall DirectX.  DirectX comes with your Operating System - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/directx-faq#1TC=windows-7. If you updated DirectX, you will now need to scan your system for any corrupted files as DirectX can only be updated through Windows Update - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833.

Since you have Windows 10 installed, I would also check the Internet for updated hardware drivers.  I use Driver Booster which is free but it has a lot of nags to try to get you to buy it.  Still you can update everything for free.  Windows 10 is still new and new hardware drivers for your HHD's and USB ports, etc., are updated quite frequently to get rid of bugs found.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Jim,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I thought that EZCA makes problems, too.

But I have these CTD when EZCA is completly removed from my computer, too.

The EZCA crashes are another problem, I think. They have nothing to do with my P3D-CTDs.

Yes, you are right, of course I can't "reinstall" DirectX. I ran the DirectX complete setup, checked for errors and so on.

Like i have written above, I tried reinstalling complete Windows and Prepar3D, which didn't solve my CTD-problem...

And yes, I thought that the drivers may be a problem, too, but I have for every device the latest win10-driver installed...

Thank you anyway!

Kind regards, Matthias
My System: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080S, Win11 Pro, MSFS+Prepar3Dv5.3

Are you using dynamic reflections, perhaps?  There's a known bug with settings above "low" in P3D v3.1 that's supposed to be fixed in 3.2.  Until then, leave it off or set to low.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

No, i am not using dynamic reflections, this slider is set to off

Kind regards, Matthias

OK.  How about ASN?  Have you tried running a test without it?  I've seen a few reports of CTD issues after installing the latest version of ASN and P3D 3.1.

You might also consider an overnight run of MemCheck86 to see if you have an iffy RAM module.  I've had several otherwise unexplainable transient problems ultimately turn out to be an intermittent failing RAM module.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Yes, i tried a flight without ASN. 

But I will try that tomorrow again.

I will try a flight without FSUIPC tomorrow, too.

I let Memtest running a half day without any errors.

I will try a flight with other RAM modules.

Kind regards, Matthias

Matthias,

How did you get P3d to run with Process Monitor also running? Since version 3.0, the licensing software that LM uses (Themida) prevents P3d from running properly with any process monitor active, whether it's the Microsoft TechNet app or any other common monitor. the reason I'm asking is that I used to use Process Monitor to track down missing texture files and now it is no longer possible to do so:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6317&t=117155&p=128623#p128623

Jay

Hm, the Process Monitor is working perfect and P3D is working perfect with process monitor run (except of my CTDs...).

Only EZCA won't run with procmon active...

Kind regards, Matthias

http://forum.sysinternals.com/process-monitor-themida_topic28022.html

Are you running an older version of Process Monitor? Mine is version 3.2 from May, 2015.

EDIT: Actually I found a post by Adam Breed on the P3d official forum that says that Themida is probably being used by an addon like the Flight1 GTN 750 and not P3d itself. That makes a lot more sense.

Here's a thread about Themida and EZDOK:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/440939-virus-warning-need-some-recommendations/?p=2978351

In the AVSIM CTD Guide, we have instructions on setting it up:

To run this utility properly, you need to capture only FSX/P3D/FS9 events.  It would be nearly impossible to find a possible glitch or issue if Windows events or other system activities were being logged too.  AVSIM recommends opening of the Process Monitor when you are on the active runway and preparing to takeoff to save space on your HDD:

• Startup FSX/P3D/FS9, as appropriate, to the Setup Screen.
  • Open Process Monitor
  • Click on the Filter tab and then Filter…. 
  • Click on Architecture and scroll down to Process Name
  • Click on blank box and select FSX/P3D/FS9, as appropriate
  • Click Ok or Apply

NOTE:  AVSIM recommends you click on the filter tab again and then select ‘Save filter…’ and name your Filter – FSX (or P3D/FS9).  Then, in the future, you can startup Process Monitor before opening your application and watch what is loading as your application loads to the Setup Screen.

You can use the utility while in Full Screen mode or Windowed Mode.  In Windowed Mode you can monitor what is happening instantly but it is best to run Process Monitor in Full Screen (unless you are seeing freezes in Windowed Mode).

When the flight is finished, immediately go to the Process Monitor application, click on it to bring it into focus, and hit Ctrl+E on your keyboard to capture the events (event logging will continue until you do this and make it more difficult to locate the cause of your crash).  Shutdown FSX/P3D/FS9 and begin your investigating!  You can also save the log for future investigations but remember the file will be as large as 8GB’s or more and using valuable disk space.

I have used the 3.11 version.  I'll have to download and try the latest version.

I just downloaded and installed the latest version (3.2) and it is running just P3D perfectly.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

Thanks. Process Monitor runs fine with P3d 3.1 as long as I disable any Flight product that is protected by Themida.

Matthias,

That agn file that's supposedly missing is an autogen annotation file that explains to P3d what types and locations of autogen are located in a specific QMID file (The globe is divided up into x of these QMID rectangles at LOD 13). I'm guessing that the missing file might be from some 3rd party photoscenery. The first "b" from the left in the file name indicates that it is located somewhere in the North American region. There might be some matching texture bmp files with similar names (for example, 330b2SU1.bmp), which you could look at with the SDK imagetool and figure out where the QMID is located. I doubt that the missing agn file is causing your problem, but maybe someone with more experience than I have could explain this better.

Jay

Matthias, 

Are you using the MSI Gaming App by any chance? If so then disable / uninstall it. There is a problem with DirectX that MSI are aware of and working on.

Regards,

Good morning,

no, I am not using the MSI Gaming App. I have a clean windows 10 installation with no "tuning" program installed.

I don't think that this missing .agn file is causing my CTDs. 

But what about this strange APL-entry and the hardware id which is not found?

Kind regards, Matthias

A flight without FSUIPC didn't change anything...

Kind regards, Matthias