Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Alabeo PA23 AZTEC F 250 Released

You know where to get it. :smile:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm curious but mainly waiting for the twin commander

After buying the Saratoga TC I've skipped out on Alabeo because they tend to be more buggy than the Carenado releases - imo

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Downloading it now - this is one aircraft I have been waiting for for years! Can't wait to test fly it later this evening and, even better, it has GTN integration!

Bill

GTN integration is definitely a plus

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

and RXP GNS 530 integration. :wub:

1st came the F33, then the 337, and now the PA23. It's not RA, but I will enjoy this one.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8ec2f2.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

Jose

Looks cool - how's the flying? Sounds?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Looks cool - how's the flying? Sounds?

I love it!

I love it!

+1 for that!

It may not be a Real Air or A2A product, but, after flying the Aztec for about 30 minutes, I cannot find any problem with this aircraft so far. The modelling both internally and externally, as usual with Alabeo, is beautiful and so far everything I have tried on the Aztec has worked perfectly, although I have not as yet flown it on the autopilot. The sounds also are excellent and, as someone with RW flying experience in these albeit many years ago and in the older Aztec D model, I can confirm that the flight dynamics appear pretty realistic. With half tanks I successfully flew this in and out of a 1000ft strip that I once flew from in the RW and it coped with it very comfortably. I'm certain I will be doing a lot of flying in this impressive aircraft.

Bill

Is this only available at Alabeo?

Yes. If you wait a few days, you should be able to get it from your favorite vendor,

or you can take a few minutes to create an Alabeo account. They accepts CC & Paypal.

What sort of autopilot does it have please?

I don't like the Stec autopilot on A2A

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

What sort of autopilot does it have please?

I don't like the Stec autopilot on A2A

It's a fairly easy to operate Century III Autopilot System. There's a three page pdf in the Alabeo folder.  You can learn more about the real one:

http://www.advancedflyers.com/staticmedia/docs/autocontrol-IIIb-pilot-guide.pdf

Ditto on the flight dynamics... with a caveat. I very much enjoy flying on two engines. It handles well in flight and through the flare to landing. Notwithstanding the different types this flies as well as their Titan.

However... there is no drag with a windmilling prop. Which is just as well since there is no way to feather a failed or shut down engine's prop.

As long as you are not expecting real world single engine performance, this is a decent hand flyer and the AP is pretty intuitive... if you have flown the A2A P-51 Civilian version... 

One simple thing I wish they would fix is to put in the clickspot to bring up the GTN 750 2D popup.

Donald

don't like the Stec autopilot on A2A

The STEC is a little different to the 'all singing, all dancing' autopilots we are used to, which only require monitoring and where you can go and have a wander around the house if you want while having a flight! The STEC however is more of an assistant than an autopilot and you may have to make fairly frequent inputs. I personally have grown to like it on the A2A Comanche and Cherokee if only because it gives me a reason to stay with the simulator while I making a flight on autopilot. I will admit however that for longer flights I too tend to prefer the more modern autopilots!

Have had a number of test flights using the autopilot, a Century III, which is not altogether dissimilar to the STEC in the way it functions. Everything appears to work correctly for me apart from the LOC NORM mode which is meant to follow the localizer. For some reason, after positioning the aircraft accurately on the localizer centreline, as soon as I switch to the LOC NORM mode, the aircraft rolls to the left and does not follow the localizer. Although I assume the autopilot is working from NAV1, I tuned both NAV receivers to the same frequency just in case it was operating from NAV2. I have tested this at two airports with the same results each time and I am uncertain why this is happening and wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience.