Sign in to follow this  
DTG Martin

Ask Dovetail Games about DTG Flight School & Flight Simulator

The most important question to me, after today can we start talking about the Full Simulator?

I´m trying to support DTG, I have faith on you.

I intend to use Flight School mainly as an entertainment flight simulator.

I already know the flight dynamics will be excatly the same of FSX, and I have hope that this can be fine tuned for their upcoming Flight Simulator.

I also intend to test the stability of the new 64 bit DX11 platform in my old i5 2500, comparing to what I had in FSX, FSX SE, P3D up to v2.4 and X-plane 10.

I really want to like it, but it's just a few hours more before I get the chance to get my hands on it :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I preordered this and did not receive the third airplane that was supposed to be included. Does anyone know why that is?

Yes that's because it hasn't been released yet. It was very clear that when it is released with the extra missions and lessons for it we will get it. Everyone else will have to buy it later.

Chris

Yes that's because it hasn't been released yet. It was very clear that when it is released with the extra missions and lessons for it we will get it. Everyone else will have to buy it later.

Chris

That's not the way I understood it at all.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

http://www.avsim.com/topic/486158-dtg-flight-school-available-on-steam/

First post in this thread by heimi. I linked to the thread as I can't find the original on steam as of course this was a pre order bonus and so is no longer on the page. So when it is released we get it and then 60 days later everyone else gets it. As a correction I believe it will be free to everyone but pre orders get it first.

Here is a link to a comment from Martin regarding this.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/483642-ask-dovetail-games-about-dtg-flight-school-flight-simulator/page-30#entry3415116

Chris

That's not the way I understood it at all.

How odd. It was very clear to me that it would not be released for several weeks after the initial release.

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

How odd. It was very clear to me that it would not be released for several weeks after the initial release.

Me too...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Me too...

Ok, I'll bite. Could somebody point to anything at all that stated this?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

https://www.facebook.com/notes/dtg-flight-school/dtg-flight-school-faq/636773296499520

Scroll towards the bottom. On Facebook they are expecting a June release. 

So, big full color picture ad saying this: 

Pre-order before 25th April to receive the Diamond DA42 update (complete with bonus content) 60 days before general release.* Visit www.DTGflightschool.com for more information.

Dovetail Games Flight School Features:

• Two high performance training aircraft: Piper PA-18 Super Cub and Piper PA-28 Cherokee
  • A unique pilot profile which keeps track of your progress
  • 15 fun and immersive lessons covering the basics of the LAPL, PPL, and night flying
  • 9 challenging missions
  • Free Flight mode, so you can try out your newfound skills anywhere in the world
System Requirements
  • Minimum:
    • OS: Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
    • Processor: Dual Core, 2.5 GHz
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: 512Mb - 1Gb(DX11)
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 40 GB available space
    •  

And additional info tucked at the end of the FAQ page.....

What aircraft are included in Flight School?
There will be two aircraft included In Flight School at launch: the Piper PA-18 Super Cub and the Piper PA-28 Cherokee. A free update which will include a Diamond DA42 will launch later this year.

I stand corrected, and will also be much more wary in the future. 

• Upvote 2

Devons rig

I preordered this and did not receive the third airplane that was supposed to be included. Does anyone know why that is?

The DA42 update is currently scheduled for next month (June 2016). Those of you who have pre-ordered Flight School will receive this update as soon as it is available. Players who have not pre-ordered Flight School will receive this update 60 days afterwards.

- Martin 

Hi Martin!

Sorry for keeping you that busy, but am I right in assuming that the DA42 which we're gonna get for Flight School will be the Alabeo DA42 Twin Star v2, that was just released for FSX/P3D?

Best regards,

Dom