Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

PA23 AZTEC F 250 Released!

Alabeo just released the PA23 AZTEC.  Check it out!

Best regards,

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim does this plane have an Autopilot?

cheers!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hi Ron,

Yes but I do not own the aircraft yet.  I just made the announcement so others can check it out.  But it looks like it will have the same AP as in all other twin engine aircraft.  The Alabeo website has more information on what's included and some specifications.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

There is an autopilot Century III autopilot flight system.

Real Deraps

It looks really nice, however everytime I buy something from them I'm disappointed and wish I hadn't purchased it. These guys really know how to make things look pretty though. I think I'll wait for reviews.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

It looks really nice, however everytime I buy something from them I'm disappointed and wish I hadn't purchased it. These guys really know how to make things look pretty though. I think I'll wait for reviews.

I have just read (seconds ago) a very positive review on FB by someone who happens to be a real world Aztec pilot. Excellent frame rates and performance very close to the real world counterpart.

Just for your and others' information. I will pass on, I am low on money.

Hey Alabeo you do realize a Stormscope is not a weather radar right?

Gary Stewart

Got it. It looks okay.   However, small snag.   When passengers door is activated, the nose luggage door opens.   

Most passengers won't fit in there. :smile:

CJ

Installed it today with no issues in P3D V3.1, overall nice model. Performance seems realistic as I did a TAS check using the supplied cruise performance charts that are included and it was within a few knots of the published figure with MP and RPM set by the chart. All the avionics and autopilot (old school Piper Altimatic III) work just fine.Nice cockpit lighting with a red overhead dome light.Has animated doors, side window, cowl flaps and chocks etc.

Minor gripe is the limited landing light illumination and the prop sounds are just so-so.Not sure how they have modeled the Stormscope as it is a lightning detection instrument and will not detect precipitation as a weather radar does.Did a quick test with a preset thunderstorm and nothing displayed on the indicator, then tried it with ASN in rain as there were no active TRW's in the USA and it was blank as well.The manual does not elaborate how they set it up for use in the sim, or is it realistic or a "radar like device" for sim world?

Otherwise nice graphics, no obvious bugs, simple to fly.I fired it up without reading anything for a quick test, about fifteen minutes into the flight I had a total electrical failure.Okay, what's up with this?

At first I thought it was a bug because I was messing around with the autopilot when everything goes dark.Take care to check the alternator switches that are located to the right of the de-ice switch row.Dark switches on dark background are not so obvious when the lights go out.  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Gary Stewart

Purchased and installed this aircraft today for FSX. I have no real world experience in the Aztec however I have always been very fond of this twin engined Piper aircraft. It is a very stable aircraft  and is easy to hand fly. I enjoy "old school" cockpits yet the GTN 750 integration went well. The textures are great inside and out and there seems to be enough documentation included to get one up and running with this airplane. Night lighting for the cockpit is not bad at least in my opinion. I wish both Carenado and their cousin Alabeo would use dimmer switches for their interior lighting. One area that could be a weakness is the interior sounds for the aircraft engines. One other item that I found somewhat troublesome is the location of the ADF control head--it is at the bottom of the radio stack and some what hard to tune if prop and mixture levers are full forward. Other than that so far so good. I do hope that Raymar will do a review on this aircraft as I understand he does have real world flight experience in it.

Agree with the good comments above, however, the alternator inop lights and gauge (at least for me) are erm, inop and the selector knob has no clickspot. Also the heater/fan switch below it isnt active. Otherwise very happy. Hoping for some repaints (esp G reg) as my painting skills are non-existant!

Wish they would tie the side window to a shift-E key combination for accu-feel users (it will work if you click it then shift-E4, but thats extra faff).

By and large a nice sim of great old plane.    A  couple of questions.   What Model of Aztec is this Sim ?   , the A/C cfg file indicates the propeller is to have three blades.  My Aztec has only two.

Yet, I'd bet that for the first few flights I had on this A/C she had  three blades, but, not now.   Is this possible or what ?   :smile:

I was wondering this as well. According to the performance tables included by Alabeo this is a PA-23-250 Aztec F with a Lycoming TIO 540-C1A. It is set up to be a turbo-charged model.

I Googled this particular aircraft and all the pictures I saw of it, this particular aircraft only had two bladed props. Not sure why the cfg. file indicates three blade props. So far each flight I have flown with this aircraft, I only have two bladed props--maybe I need to take it back to the mechanic and tell him I've been robbed!

I'm not impressed with the prop sounds.  This is really a fundamental part of making an aircraft like this immersive.  I flew on an Aztec a number of times as a passenger  and these sounds are not particularly amazing. (only okayish). 

As for the rest.  Excellent