Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Does your traffic addon fill up airports?

Seems no matter what setting I use with Traffic 360 and FSX, more than 3/4 of the airport spaces are empty with no planes in them.

Is there a trick to fill up airports?

Same here with Traffic 360, got FSX aircraft set @ 30% and only 7 or 8 aircraft show in EGLL.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

$40 every three months?  My freeware setup rarely has a free spot at Heathrow and any other of the Worlds majors, plus it looks far better than that.

I can't say for sure, but it would seem that Traffic 360 is the lowest common denominator.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I use MyTraffic 6. Actually I use MyTraffic 6, AIController, AIDupe and Air Traffic Manager. i set my AI Traffic to 90% and let Air Traffic Manager get rid of what is not near by sucking up resources.

Seems no matter what setting I use with Traffic 360 and FSX, more than 3/4 of the airport spaces are empty with no planes in them.

Yes, the trick is don't use Traffic 360,

Seriously spend some time looking through the aircraft.cfg's includes with each model type and you will realise just how many are completely missing as far as the airline statements are concerned.

I gave up trying to edit them halfway through when I realised that the paints do not even have the logo night textures included so you cannot even see the Ai tails lit up at the stands at night.

Is there a trick to fill up airports?

In MyTraffic6, aircraft takeoff and land based on the flight schedules in the program.  You might have hit the wrong time of the day when most aircraft are up in the air.  Eventually though, it will begin to fill up the airport as aircraft land and taxi to the gate.  So, at departure, there may not be many aircraft but when you get to your destination, the airport should have tons of aircraft at the gates and aircraft taking off and landing.  That's how the developer explained it in his manual anyway (page 18, Operations Manual and page 23 for AI Traffic Density Settings) and one reason why I keep my slider at no higher than 30% because 100% isn't going to get you a full airport immediately but you have 100% of your aircraft flying and trying to follow the programs flight plans.  That's all over the world. 

My issue so far has been duplicate aircraft at the airports.  For instance, at Palm Springs, I'll see two FedEx aircraft inside each other at 30% AI setting.  The manual says this will happen frequently if at 100% but a reduction below 94% should stop most of the duplicate flights.  Well, they haven't for me at many of the airports.  Sometimes I'll see two aircraft sitting at the same gate.  Sometimes I have to look hard to see those duplicate aircraft though.  Back to PSP, I got rid of the duplicate aircraft by reducing the AI setting to 15%.  That's the setting I use now and most of the time I see a lot of aircraft.  By the time I get to my destination at KLAX, there are 3-4 heavies ready to takeoff and many other aircraft at the gates.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Keep in mind with Mytraffic, that there are also PLENTY of very fictional airline flights. From the odd airline operating on the wrong Continents to the very much more common city pairings by airlines that you would never see in the real world. Keeping the traffic % setting down helps alleviate that issue to some extent.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

My issue so far has been duplicate aircraft at the airports.  For instance, at Palm Springs, I'll see two FedEx aircraft inside each other at 30% AI setting. 

I get this only if I have multiple 3rd party copies of the same airport and I forgot to rename the MyTraffic version as ...bgl.orig. Do you have ORBX KPSP installed? You might want to use the Simple Airport Scanner to see if you have multiple versions of KPSP. 

I use UT2 and filling the gates depends upon the airport, day of the week and time of day.  You must have the correct AI aircraft, with correct airline parking codes, and the airport must have sufficient flights to fill the gates.  I've done quite a bit of modifying the Fort Laurderdale-Hollywood International airport (KFLL) and with UT2 set at 90% commercial traffic I have about 1/2 of the gates full during the day and at night, especially weekends, all of the gates filled.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I also use UT2 and I agree the amount of traffic you see is very much time dependant which is what you would logically expect. As I run FSX on a mid-range system, I find that going for maximum traffic in some of the more resource intensive add on airports such as LHR, can bring my system to its knees, so in general I tend to keep the AI sliders around the 60% mark.

I get this only if I have multiple 3rd party copies of the same airport and I forgot to rename the MyTraffic version as ...bgl.orig. Do you have ORBX KPSP installed? You might want to use the Simple Airport Scanner to see if you have multiple versions of KPSP. 

My PSP is the default.  I only own Orbx stuff for the NW.  For all of my frequently visited airports or airports where I have bought a commercial version, I'll rename the AFCAD in the MyTraffic\Scenery folder.  Your post reminded me to also do this for KPSP and I checked and had not renamed it yet.  That may indeed be the problem.  I will check later to see if that fixed it and, if it didn't I'll post back.  I have seen duplicate aircraft at KSTL (Taxi2Gate) and KCLT (Imagine) and I had renamed both of those airports in MyTraffic.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have done a significant amount of "flightplans, aircraft models and textures" upgrade work for the UK and Ireland in UT2. The major airports could look rather empty with only the default UT2 database active (because I had no interest in seeing the fictional Daedalus colour scheme, and therefore these were disabled). However, since I have updated the schedules for this region, I see lots of AI planes at the major airports (particularly early in the morning). I run UT2 @ 100% airline traffic density, and (for example) around 6 AM I frequently see something like 100 AI planes on the ground at Gatwick (UK2000 Gatwick Xtreme), and around 140+ at Heathrow (Aerosoft Heathrow Extended). P3D v3.1 can run all of this at half decent framerates, and that includes Aerosoft VFR London X, several other UK2000 Xtreme airports, and VFR Airfields Volume 1 active, plus the FSX Power Project electricity pylon network, PlayHorizon VFR Photographic Scenery, and ES Treescapes! I also have the scenery and autogen density sliders all the way to the right (apart from the LOD slider, which is one notch back; LOD 5.5). This is at a screen resolution of 1920x1080, with 4xMSAA, 16xAF, and 4xSGSS enabled.

Not bad for an i5 4690k @ 4.6Ghz/2GB GTX770/16GB DDR3-1600 RAM powered PC :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My issue so far has been duplicate aircraft at the airports.  For instance, at Palm Springs, I'll see two FedEx aircraft inside each other at 30% AI setting. 

That's why I use AIDupe, it works as long as they are identical aircraft.

UT2 with the Daily Flights additional addon, available at the UT2 Support Forums, fills everything up nicely for me.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato