Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Does your traffic addon fill up airports?

I don't suppose there is any easy way to load an airport in FSX (any time and date set) and have the airport 90% full of ai planes?

I think if you keep adding Ai flights to the Ai list, at some stage they are just ignored by FSX. Maybe it is at a bit more than half full. It's probably because it makes a decision that there has to be room for planes to land, and an empty official parking space is needed for an Ai to make a trip there. That's possibly why some traffic addons increase the parking slots.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Custom retro AI here. Depends on the airport, terminal parking allocation, weekday and time of day and varies from nicely filled (e.g. MSP, BOS, LGA) to disappointingly un-crowded for the size (e.g. ATL, JFK).

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

My traffic with World of AI is great, only all the Spirit Airlines flights are on time. Not very realistic. :/ lol

I avoid large airports if I have my custom AI traffic running. It turns every large airport into a slide show of 5fps. This month I am flying in Poland just enough AI traffic but not bad fps.

Go download plans from the library here or Alpha India and get the repaints and your custom traffic is going to be better than any program. Also make sure first you do not have duplicate afcad files for an airport. If you create custom AI you make sure the callsigns and airport parking codes are all correct, an added bonus for realism.

I have done a significant amount of "flightplans, aircraft models and textures" upgrade work for the UK and Ireland in UT2. The major airports could look rather empty with only the default UT2 database active (because I had no interest in seeing the fictional Daedalus colour scheme, and therefore these were disabled). However, since I have updated the schedules for this region, I see lots of AI planes at the major airports (particularly early in the morning). I run UT2 @ 100% airline traffic density, and (for example) around 6 AM I frequently see something like 100 AI planes on the ground at Gatwick (UK2000 Gatwick Xtreme), and around 140+ at Heathrow (Aerosoft Heathrow Extended). P3D v3.1 can run all of this at half decent framerates, and that includes Aerosoft VFR London X, several other UK2000 Xtreme airports, and VFR Airfields Volume 1 active, plus the FSX Power Project electricity pylon network, PlayHorizon VFR Photographic Scenery, and ES Treescapes! I also have the scenery and autogen density sliders all the way to the right (apart from the LOD slider, which is one notch back; LOD 5.5). This is at a screen resolution of 1920x1080, with 4xMSAA, 16xAF, and 4xSGSS enabled.

Not bad for an i5 4690k @ 4.6Ghz/2GB GTX770/16GB DDR3-1600 RAM powered PC :smile:

Sounds awesome, how long did it take you to add all that AI and where did you start?

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

It took me a long time! I kept adding airlines when I "discovered" them, and also updated various major airlines as and when required. It is time consuming work, but relatively straightforward when you learn how to do it. Norman Dean (UK2000) created a written tutorial that explained the procedure, and that was a great help.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It took me a long time! I kept adding airlines when I "discovered" them, and also updated various major airlines as and when required. It is time consuming work, but relatively straightforward when you learn how to do it. Norman Dean (UK2000) created a written tutorial that explained the procedure, and that was a great help.

It certainly can take time to build it up, but you get back what you put into it. I see the other basic payware addons and can't stand to look at what they deliver.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

A word of caution on building or assembling your own AI: It can become highly addictive!

All kidding aside, it can almost become a hobby within a hobby.

I first got into it when FlyTampa released St. Maarten years ago and was disappointed by the lack of traffic at the airport only to learn that there are lots of commuter flights that come and go but the original UT for FS9 didn't have most of those smaller airlines, so I had to learn how to do it myself and was satisfied with the results.

These days in FSX when I buy a new airport, I check to see who flies there and make sure that I have most if not all the appropriate airlines installed. I used a combo of UT2, WOAI, and customer built traffic to get it as close as possible. It can be a lot of work but it's worth it in the end.

The only thing I don't do is constantly updated my schedules to match as I would probably end up spending more time doing that then actually flying.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I am lucky in that I am only interested in the United Kingdom and Ireland, but even this relatively small region required a lot of time and effort to update in Ultimate Traffic 2. Like cmpbellsjc, I do not keep every airline bang up to date, otherwise I would never get any flying done! A representative AI fleet is all that I need.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Like you I fly mainly in the Uk and would like to add these flights to my UT2, I will check out the guide you mentioned

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer