Sign in to follow this  
Geordiehustler

Vox ATC issues need resolving

Hi.

I am now using Vox ATC with Flight Simulator X and have got to say I really like it. However, there are a couple of issues which I need advice on.

1. When I am in flight, there is many a time where I come into conflict with other aircraft. For instance, when I am approaching the airport (localizer level), often there are other aircraft landing at the same time. The ATC does not apply any separation. I have never been put into a holding pattern yet and I have had many flights. I have the traffic setting on 50%. I am successfully using SIDS and STARS, but there are no holding patterns assigned to me.

Another instance is when I'm at cruise level, the TCAS system sometimes warns me of other Aircraft and i've had quite a few near misses. However, sometimes ATC tells me to change course, due to conflicting aircraft, at other times.

So my question is, why are other aircraft too close and why haven't I ever been put into a holding pattern?

2. When in flight, I see aircraft appearing and disappearing on radar and in the sky a lot of the time. I'm finding this quite frustrating. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

I have the AI aircraft turned to zero in FSX settings.

I would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks GH

I don't tend to use AI but when I have I also observed no separation. I've seen about 6 or 7 aircraft on final approach to EGLL and only 1 or 2 will land as the others are forced into executing missed approaches.

Holding patterns only occur, to my knowledge, if you have set this in VOX's extras settings - you can define any waypoint as the point to hold at and ATC will instruct you to do so.

Darren Morris

I'm tending to agree with you, I believe it is Traffic X aircraft which don't seem to be recognised by VOX ATC. I'm going to turn this setting to zero to see if I get better results.

I knew there was a setting to force a holding pattern but it would be nice if the ATC assigned a one due to busy incoming traffic. Ok, i'll also try a flight with a pre set holding pattern.

I have never seen this problem, although I am not using Traffic X but another AI package. What is your traffic setting within VoxATC. Dont use a too high setting there. I go for about 40-45%. Also I assume your Commercial and AI traffic setting within FSX are both at 0

mike 

• Upvote 1

I have VOX ATC set to 35%, Traffic X set to only 12% and AI traffic in FSX set to 0%. I really do feel as if Vox atc isn't understanding where certain aircraft are. Ive just had another flight where I had a very near miss at FL360. I literally had to descend immediately and the two aircraft missed within 0.5 miles. Surely this cant be right.

Since ive dropped to these settings the traffic seems at a nice level, however I'm still getting these conflicts.

I have similar issues but I'm using MT6, I have the FSX AI set to zero, and voxatc traffic set to 30%.

I would say I get a TA/RA alert maybe three out of five flights, I flew out of EGPH and had three RA avoidance warnings one right after another. I was going up and down like a roller coaster!!

I'm not sure what's causing the conflicts, but my guess is a VoxATC bug that's the under lying fault.

With the lack of updates to VoxATC I'm looking for alternatives for ATC, I'm still hoping it will be updated and I can buy the next version. That's if it's tackled bugs like this..

Rob

Sounds like you are having exactly the same problems. I also get these avoidance warnings, but then sometimes Vox ATC will change my course due to a 'conflict at my level' when there isn't an actual aircraft to avoid. Really annoying. Its a pity because I quite like the program but these are quite important issues.

I also don't like the way traffic just appears out of nowhere on my MFD radar and can suddenly disappear, like the aircraft are just vanishing. Do you have that problem also Helix?

Sadly I do have the appearing and vanishing traffic, sometimes I think it could be that the AI are skirting the edge of the visible range limit I think VoxATC has. Two nights ago I had a near miss, a 737 passed under me by 300 feet, I was in a hard right climing turn to avoid it. Sadly this was done without any ATC intervention, I guess I'll get a slap on the wrist from the CAA authorities ;)

One of the most annoying things is holding behind a plane at a taxi point for five mins and then have it just vanish from in front of me. I have to say for me VoxATC is a great ATC program, it just needs working on to refine and iron out the bugs. I am really torn that I might have to look else where for a reliable ATC when Vox has so much potential.

Rob

Firstly, apologies Rob for calling you Helix :fool:

Everything you are describing is what is happening to me, including the planes disappearing when taxiing. As for looking elsewhere, I would only swap to another voice recognition atc which also uses SIDS and STARS as I enjoy working with charts and real procedures.

If you do switch from VOX to another ATC, let me know and I will look into it.

Don't worry about calling me Helix, trust me I've been called far worse in the past ;)

And sure if I find something to swap to I'll let you know, I'm just glad it's not just me that's having these issues. :)

Rob

Sounds like you are having exactly the same problems. I also get these avoidance warnings, but then sometimes Vox ATC will change my course due to a 'conflict at my level' when there isn't an actual aircraft to avoid. Really annoying. Its a pity because I quite like the program but these are quite important issues.

I guess you know that you can stop these avoidance warnings with an option ? Manual Page 54

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

The thing is, I don't want to stop the avoidance instructions. This is a good feature, but its not working at the correct times. It's instructing me to avoid aircraft that are not there, but also not instructing me to avoid aircraft that are there which are causing conflict.

I have VOX ATC set to 35%, Traffic X set to only 12% and AI traffic in FSX set to 0%. I really do feel as if Vox atc isn't understanding where certain aircraft are.

VOX ATC probably isn't understanding where your 12% Traffic X aircraft are, why would it ?

Set your Traffic in VOX ATC and forget about Traffic X

• Upvote 1

It was my understanding that VOX ATC could be used with other traffic programs. I realise this could be the problem, but when VOX ATC's indexer (which updates runways, airports etc) is run I notice it includes the Traffic X files, which would say that it is recognising the Traffic X add on. Maybe it isn't though.

VOX ATC will use only the models and paints from whatever traffic program you have installed to generate it's Traffic.

Your Traffic X aircraft set at 12% are flying their own flight plans and there is nothing VOX ATC can do to influence where and what they get up to.

If you choose to run two traffic generating programs you absolutely will get conflicting aircraft.