Sign in to follow this  
Geordiehustler

Vox ATC issues need resolving

OK Glynn, I'll try the next few flights with Traffic X set to 0% and will maybe add a little to the VOX ATC traffic setting. Thanks

Not trying to be pedantic Glynn, but when you say it will only use whatever traffic program I have installed to generate its traffic, I didn't install any traffic program as it uses its own. So there isn't a way I can install traffic X into VOX ATC?

Also, the reason aircraft dissapear either on the taxiway for takeoff or after landing is not beacsuse of problems with VoxATC but rather with you airport AFX file. It can be that a taxiway is ot linked corrrectly, and in case of traffic dissapearing after landing could also be due to a lot of faults in the AFX file for your airport. I always spend a lot of time updating my airports as I have learnt over the years that addon airports are most often great looking visually but "underneath" in the airport afx file they are sometimes a mess. Orbx airports for example I always need to modify.

Mike

What Glynn said is VOX ATC will use aircraft (paints, models, etc) from a traffic program you install like: My Traffic X or 6 or any other. You must run the VOX ATC indexer after installing the traffic program for this to work. VOX ATC only controls the traffic it generates. If you have FSX or another Traffic program create traffic VOX ATC will ignore those aircraft and you must dodge them on your own. You will also hear a lot of traffic talking over each other, and you.

What I did was turn all my AI traffic generation programs off, then just used the VoxATC traffic slider to inject AI traffic.

I still get TA/RA alerts from time to time but I know know that it's VoxATC that's doing all the AI creation :)

Rob