Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer

Big fuzzy lights

Hi.

I have big fuzzy lights on triple monitor setup. Lights are fine if run FSX on one monitor but across three either full screen or expanded windowed view lights are too big.

I used to be able to fix it applying TripleHead2Go lights in REX 4 texture direct, but after recent FSX re-installation this trick does not work anymore. 

I found this advice but it does not work for some reason, may be bc I have Steam, not sure. 

[Display]
//RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.5
//RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.5
//RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.7
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.6 

Thx for looking. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

The offending file is halo.bmp

For triple-monitor systems you need to use a modified halo.bmp to prevent overly-large lights. Do a search in the library or google it and you should find a link to the necessary halo.bmp file.

OK, thanks. 

Interesting. Selecting smaller size lights in REX4 texture direct used to work, not sure why it does not work anymore.  

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Fixed.

Had to reinstall REX4 lights few more times and it solved the problem. 

Thx 

The problem with the REX lights is that they are not aligned the same as the default lights. This causes the ai aircraft landing lights to look awful.

I hope that REX will recognize this problem and fix it.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Good to know that. I may ask REX what they think about it.

Thanks

The problem with the REX lights is that they are not aligned the same as the default lights. This causes the ai aircraft landing lights to look awful.

I hope that REX will recognize this problem and fix it.

Dave

Dave. 

Dare to ask how did you come up with such conclusion? Looks like REX disagree with it. I asked them if they would take a look into it and they said how was this issue discovered?

Thx 

Dave. 

Dare to ask how did you come up with such conclusion? Looks like REX disagree with it. I asked them if they would take a look into it and they said how was this issue discovered?

Thx 

I have REX Texture Direct, and every time I have installed their airport lights I've had problems with the ai aircraft landing lights, as well as some of my aircrafts' lights.  AI aircraft use the halo.bmp file for their lights, and because the REX halo.bmp modifications and the default lights aren't aligned the same in the .bmp image, the ai aircraft landing lights look absolutely awful.

This has been a known issue for some time now, as a Google search will reveal.

I tried this and it works great, and it's free:  http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=149396

It's possible that REX fixed this issue since I stopped using their lights about 6 months ago.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Thanks for explanation. I have already installed REX lights though but I wonder if I want to try lights fix from the AVSIM library how will I undo REX lights now?