Sign in to follow this  
russhart

P3D v3 saved flight issue

I have recently installed P3D v3 after many years with FSX. So far I am very pleased with the results. I have installed RC v4 as per the instructions provided in this forum and RC functions correctly with the exception of one issue. When I save a flight the usual files are created (*.rcd, *.wx) however both *.FSSAVE & *.flt files are missing and instead i have *.fxml files. When I load a saved flight RC tells me it cannot locate the *.flt file. From another post I read that you can change the file type to .flt and all will work, however in my case RC now tells me it cannot load the .flt file.

I have the latest FSUIPC and makeRwys and have Win 10 Pro 64bit.

Any suggestions please?

Russell

rcv4 will not work for restoring the state of saved flights with P3Dv3 because of the change in the flt file. Previous versions work if the .flt file is intact. v1 for sure, not sure about v2.

All other functions work.

Thanks Ron,

I assume therefore that it will not be upgraded to ever save a flight in v3, in which case I may have to look for an alternative, which is a shame as RC4 was an excellent addon.

Russell

Thanks Ron,

I assume therefore that it will not be upgraded to ever save a flight in v3, in which case I may have to look for an alternative, which is a shame as RC4 was an excellent addon.

Russell

Just make a copy of fxml file, rename it to flt, keep both then you can use saved situations. That's my trick so far.

I already tried that but RC4 couldn't load the flt file, possibly because there was no FSSAVE file as well. Not sure if you were only missing the flt file or both? Anyway a moot point for me as I have now purchased ProATC-X which looks promising. It is expensive but it will also provide me with a moving map and replace DBS Airport which also didn't work in P3D v3.

Look for this file FxmlToFlt  - a small utility to convert from fxml to flt by John Nunez. Solves the problem.

Graham Smith
NZAA

BNF039.png

Using it in v3.1 with no problems. Just drop the fxml file on to it and it will create an flt file of the same name. RC4 reads it all ok.

Graham Smith
NZAA

BNF039.png

I am very much interested to get this utility to convert from fxml to flt by John Nunez.
Is anybody willing and able to share it?

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

Thanks Andreas. I saw that yesterday and was going to post the news.

This really needs to be a sticky but without a moderator it’s not possible. I’ll send a message to John Decker and see if he can create a new message and pin it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

In the the readme it says: "... It can then be run from a command prompt at that location."

I found the easiest way to make this app work is to write a short batch file.
Open Notepad and type just two lines:

@echo off
start "<path_to_folder_where_RC4_saves_its_files>\fxmltoflt.exe"

for example:

@echo off
start "C:\users\yourname\documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\fxmltoflt.exe"

Save this file (the name doesn't matter) with the extension .BAT into the flightplan folder.
Doubleclick this batch file, a command prompt will open.
Type "fxmltoflt <name_of_the_file_rc4_saved>.fxml" (without "" and <>).
A file "name_of_the_file_rc4_saved.flt" will be created.

I tested this with PMDG 747v3 and FS2Crew running.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

You don't need to type anything with fsmltoflt.exe. Just place it in the flights folder, drag and drop your flight on the file and it will create a new flt that you need in the same folder.

Cheers