Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Good bird?

Hey!

I love pmdg aircrafts, but the jetstream was never on my radar... dont know why.

I have to change this and think about buying it.

My question about the Features... does it have a wear and tear feature like the NGX? So when I overstress the engines sometimes, they will fail after a time?

What about failures in general?

And I use boxed FSX, are there any known problems with this bird? Needed fixes, workarounds?

I think the price is quite low for a PMDG :-) Is this because it is a "reduced" features plane or is it a standard PMDG awesome bird?

Thank you very much!

Regards

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Not only will they fail but will explode in flames. It's cheaper because it's old but the graphics are are quite stunning especially in the VC.

Should be plenty of you tube vids about for the above two points. You won't regret buying it but I believe it's not ported over fsx-se or p3d

ZORAN

Thank you guys! Now I go thru the Manuals

One thing that I found, there is no cold and dark option.

But this was a post from 2010... is there a better solution than loading default cessna in the meantime?

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Fs2 crew was meant for this bird. It's a real handful and hard work on its own but also never meant to be flown that way.

I can't help you with the cold and dark option but with fs2 crew the FO powers down the engines to cold and dark and you work as a team through start up, taxi etc

ZORAN

(...)

One thing that I found, there is no cold and dark option.

But this was a post from 2010... is there a better solution than loading default cessna in the meantime?

Klaus, have you checked pp. 17ff of the Pilot Intro? You can save a flight with a cold&dark JS4100 and load that flight again and again, whenever you need a c&d panel state. Having loaded that particular flight, you can move the plane to a different airport, change weather, season and time etc.

Oliver Märtens (Maertens)

Totaly forgot about FS2CREW, will check that too when buying it.

Thanks!

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I advise against loading the aircraft in a cold and dark state (for example, by using a saved flight or shutting down a default aircraft then switching to the J41) because it wasn't designed to do this and can create problems. Generally it isn't necessary to load cold and dark as you can do it yourself within 40 seconds. However, if you must have the aircraft load cold and dark, then there are two methods which are generally trouble free:

• A free LUA script, although this requires a registered (paid) version of FS UIPC

• FS2Crew J41, which again is payware

Please note the two above methods do not actually load the aircraft cold and dark, they make it cold and dark after it has loaded by automatically pressing the appropriate buttons.

http://viaintercity.com/forums/bae-jetstream-41-%28bae-js4100%29/faq-%28frequently-asked-questions%29-and-tips-for-bae-js4100/

It's a great bird, one of the best turboprops for FSX. There's no wear-and-tear and customisation options are very limited, but there are overstress failures that will make the engines explode in to a fireball! It is feature-packed with almost all switches working (a notable exception is the hold facility of the FMS is not modelled) and full of character! Crucially this one of a very few addons that accurately simulated the behaviour of a geared turboprop engine (the TPE331) which makes a huge difference to aircraft operations.

Sadly not P3D compatible yet, despite announcements from PMDG nothing has materialised. Can be made to work in FSX:SE if you know what you're doing.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Remarkable modelling of the Garrett turboprop engine, close to RW. There are  only a few turboprps in FS world with accurate engine modelling. Worth to buy and learn...

Cheers,

Tamas

In the meantime I go with the Majestic Dash8  :smile: maybe in the Future I will trie the jetstream too.

Thank you guys!

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020