Sign in to follow this  
onebob

Stormscope

Done a couple of flights, ils approach, Autopilot worked fine, good taxing, all working well, just minor point , can't switch on the stormscope wx-11. The power button doesn't appear to work in p3d v3.1. other than that enjoying it very much.

bob

Ok solved, the mouse wheel turns it on.  

Does it actually work ???

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

errr.. no.  The maual (very brief) says..  

WARNING: This unit provides indication only on storms not weather.  hmmmm!

bob

Hi Bob,

Hmm is right - it's only a lightning strike indicator - so does that cryptic manual entry mean it does or doesn't show lightning strikes ?

;)

Thanks for responding...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Bob,

Hmm is right - it's only a lightning strike indicator - so does that cryptic manual entry mean it does or doesn't show lightning strikes ?

;)

Thanks for responding...

Regards,

Scott

Scott,

Do you know of any add on that includes a gauge that accurately displays lightning strikes in FSX/P3D? Just curious.

I have the Milviz Baron 55 that comes with a Stormscope that is suppose to accurately show the "virtual lightning strikes" in FSX according to their webpage. I will have to compare the two displays while flying in the same weather. The Milviz has the model 10A which is not as up to date as the WX-11 that is modeled in the Aztec F but that mostly has to do with the gyro linked to the HSI for aircraft direction in relation to the lightning strikes.

Regards,

Ray

milviz baron.JPG

23c.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Raymar how are the flight dynamics?? The engine behavior? I've read that you have done your Mel in an Aztec, I have about 200 hours in the right side of an E model, Im tented to buy it but first I want read a review like yours

Regarding

Robert Bernard

Here is a link to stormscope manuals:

https://www.stormscopes.com/manuals.html

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Here is a link to stormscope manuals:

https://www.stormscopes.com/manuals.html

Hello Jesse,

How are you doing? Yes, I have the Stormscope manuals. All I have ever seen are the dots for lightning strikes.

Regards,

Ray

Raymar how are the flight dynamics?? The engine behavior? I've read that you have done your Mel in an Aztec, I have about 200 hours in the right side of an E model, Im tented to buy it but first I want read a review like yours

Regarding

Robert Bernard

Hello Robert,

Too early to tell. It sure looks like the real deal. Yes, I got my MEL in the Aztec, but went straight to a DC-3 type rating. This was at KDAB in Florida. Both were very enjoyable.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Scott,

Do you know of any add on that includes a gauge that accurately displays lightning strikes in FSX/P3D? Just curious.

I have the Milviz Baron 55 that comes with a Stormscope that is suppose to accurately show the "virtual lightning strikes" in FSX according to their webpage. I will have to compare the two displays while flying in the same weather. The Milviz has the model 10A which is not as up to date as the WX-11 that is modeled in the Aztec F but that mostly has to do with the gyro linked to the HSI for aircraft direction in relation to the lightning strikes.

Regards,

Ray

Hi Ray,

I'm looking forward to your review.

Let me know if you need some pics.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.