Sign in to follow this  
jwyman

Just Flight A319 american colors

Hello all,

I am looking for a repaint for the Just Flight A319 in the new American airlines colors. I know some of you are probably asking "why are you flying the Just Flight product?".  Well I purchased the Aerosoft Airbus package without realizing that it need a joystick to work the elevators, etc.  Not really happy about that..

Anyway, I pulled out the old JF A319... While less sophisticated, its fun to fly for my VA that I fly for. So with that, I am looking for someone to do a re-paint for me or know where I can get a re-paint already...

Thanks!

Jim

i5 8600K @ 4.5GHZ || 16GB RAM || GTX1070 8GB || 500GB SSD || Win 10
Prepar3d V4.5 || FTX/ORBX Base, Vector, openLC || Rex 4 Direct Textures & SkyForce 3D || AS For Prepar3d || Pro ATC-X ||  UTL2 Beta 2.10
PDMG 737-800,777, Aerosoft A319/A320/A321/A330, QW 787

Maybe someone will offer to paint it for you, but I doubt it as I don;t think a paintkit was released for it and it isn't that popular of a product anyway. Even though it isn't the main point of your post, I highly recommend buying a Logitech Extreme 3D pro joystick for your airbus. They're extremely cheap (~$30 US) and will enhance your simming experience by sooo much! It's sad to think about such a great addon sitting unused in your hangar. 

Actually, the paintkit came with the purchased software so the file templates (.dds) are there

Jim

Prepar3d V4.5 || FTX/ORBX Base, Vector, openLC || Rex 4 Direct Textures & SkyForce 3D || AS For Prepar3d || Pro ATC-X ||  UTL2 Beta 2.10

Not really wanting to promote my own work but Bryan Ott ( DetCord ) and myself have covered all Airbus types for the Aerosoft Airbus ( found in their download section ) .

DetCord contacted American asking for information on colours and placement of logo's etc and was supplied with several technical drawings but also had to sign an NDA so these drawings cannot be " shared " , in fact even I never had access to these drawings even though we both worked on the paints .

Aerosoft even added one of our uploads to the product , even though the registration has now been changed ( N911UY is now N971UY - though it did fly for a short period as N911UY ) .

As harmoody states in his post , buying a joystick is a " small price to pay " as there are more than 1000 paints available for the A320 / 321 alone and still more being uploaded since the release of the AirbusX back in 2010 .

As for the Just Flight Airbus , sadly I don't have it and without it , painting is not really an option as I have no way to check the results even with the paint kit .

John Glanville

Thanks... However, the joystick option is a non-relevant.. I do not have room for one.. I fly everything else with KB and the Justflight A319 with a KB also with no issues....

Jim

No problem .

Looking in the AVSIM library there are not (m)any paints for the Just Flight version but on their site there are a couple of livery packs that you can buy , maybe American is one of those ?

Also noticed that the A319 is an expansion , probably means having to buy the A321 as well for 1 paint , so not an option for me .

John

John,

Actually the 319 was part of the A318/319 package.....Not an expansion. they do have a SP and expansion with limited liveries...non which are American...

Jim

Guess no one is willing to take this on... :fool:

Thanks... However, the joystick option is a non-relevant.. I do not have room for one.. I fly everything else with KB and the Justflight A319 with a KB also with no issues....

Jim

How about a cheap joypad? I bought a PS2-style one for playing ETS2 - that wouldn't take any desk space? I have both the JF A320 and AS one and believe me they do not compare!

sigh......We're getting off tangent here... I am looking for a specific repaint or trying to find someone who would be interested in doing a repaint for the JF A319....

Jim

Guess no one is willing to take this on... :fool:

Jim , it's not so much not willing , it has more to do with the quality of the paint kit . A fellow painter informs me that it has a very low resolution , even when compared to the Aerosoft Bus . Add to this the number of repaints that are available for downloading ( few to none ) says it all , as far as the JF Bus is concerned ( for me ) .

Much as I would like to help , there's no way I am spending €20 or so on a product to make 1 paint .

John

Curious why you need the whole product. I have the paint files for the A319 -it came with the program. They are in .psd formats.....

Jim

Because you only get the paint kit when you buy the product .

Trying to paint an aircraft without the model is very time consuming as it means having to send the textures to someone who does have it to check , comment on " mistakes " etc. etc. and exchanging emails constantly . I have tried this in the past but it's just not worth the effort . Because this doesn't happen in " real time " , means that one person is always waiting for the other to either produce or reply . Also don't have a headset , Skype or TeamSpeak .

As I wrote earlier I worked on several American paints for the Airbus A319/320/321 for the Aerosoft series ( and judging the number of downloads , still popular ) but even the Aerosoft product has it's limitations as far as the resolution is concerned , the JF paint kit on the other hand is of a much lower resolution and would mean " dumbing " the livery down and omitting a lot of detail that we took a long time putting in .

I myself have several JF products but in general their paint kits are very basic ( to be polite - e.g. Flying Club ) .

I am in no way connected to Aerosoft apart from painting one of their products ( most of my other paints can be found here in the library ) but it seems a shame that you can't fly it for the reason you gave . As harmoody says in his post it doesn't seem to be a popular product anyway and judging the amount of repaints available ( I never found any ) that seems to prove it .

Maybe you would have more luck with the FREEware Project Airbus ? Though a joystick might be required for that as well .

As a PS just noted that there are more than 100 views but no one else has been able to help either .

John

Thanks.... Guess i'll be flying only Boeing-supported routes for my VA from now on......

Jim

Jim ,

The " solution " was given in the first reply but just as i am not willing to spend €20 on a product I will never use , you have no room for a joystick . Nobody can " force " you to buy a joystick but why keep the Aerosoft Airbus installed if you don't use it ? Surely comparing the two in the same would make it easy enough to choose ?

Having been in touch with a fellow painter , he described the paint kit as " low resolution " and compared to the Aerosoft version about half size . You can imagine the amount of detail that would be lost if this is the case .

As I wrote earlier , I don't want to promote my own work but the American paints that DetCord and myself uploaded have amassed quite a few downloads and Aerosoft decided to include one of them in the product ( though we never received any recognition for it in the manuals ) . All Airbus types have been covered from the A319/320/321 series that now fly in the new American colours and were made with their cooperation ( which doesn't happen very often with any airline ) .