Sign in to follow this  
oresther

Linda Change USB order

hello everyone ,

i am using linda for a lot of time but today i got a very strange situation , i program a Cessna 172 cockpit complete with all the inputs and everything work perfectly but after i turn off the computer and turn it back on it is look like the usb order change for example what ever i program on usb 1 button 23 it is now on usb 2 buttons 23 anyone have any idea what happens ?

thank you for the help 

Hi oresthrer

Welcome to LINDA and the forum. You will need to let me know what USB devices you are using for me to answer your question. If you are using identical type and make of USB cards such as Leo Bodnar then this is a known problem that I am currently working on a solution. Please post a screenshot of the Setup Joystick page.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

If you are using multiple similar cards then don't unplug them from your system so that they are detected in the same order. Otherwise I can suggest nothing unless you let me know what devices your using.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi, i got the same problem with my 3 Arcaze usb. after i add 3th usb card linda change the 2nd one with 3th .  Only i can du is unplug the last one then start linda after that plug in the last usb card after that every things fine.

I hope someone got idea how can fix this?

Hi, i got the same problem with my 3 Arcaze usb. after i add 3th usb card linda change the 2nd one with 3th .  Only i can du is unplug the last one then start linda after that plug in the last usb card after that every things fine.

I hope someone got idea how can fix this?

Hi naser

Welcome to LINDA. If you are using multiple cards of the same design LINDA previously could not distinguish between them. The latest version 2.7.0 which uses and displays the built in serial number, if one exists, to uniquely identify each card and avoid the problem you are having. Have you tried this and are serial numbers shown of the Joystick setup page? Also can you give me the Arcaze VID and PID numbers?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi naser

Welcome to LINDA. If you are using multiple cards of the same design LINDA previously could not distinguish between them. The latest version 2.7.0 which uses and displays the built in serial number, if one exists, to uniquely identify each card and avoid the problem you are having. Have you tried this and are serial numbers shown of the Joystick setup page? Also can you give me the Arcaze VID and PID numbers?

Hi,

i tried version 2.7.0 but still the same. 

the serial numbers are :

A1 modul :1690FE130 ($2712F0)

C modul: 1690FE131($27126B0)

B modul: 1690FE132($2712770)

Linda sorted C modul before B modul i don't know why?

this is my VID/PIDs:

VID_1690&PID_FE13&REV_0565&MI_00 for all three moduls.

best regards

Hi naser

You have quoted the device id created by LINDA made up of the VID, PID and a unique number 0 to 9. Select the Joystick setup page and you will see whether your USB Cards have been allocated serial number by the manufacturer. If the cards are not serial numbered LINDA can not distinguish between them. It will be the case that your cards may get mixed up and the assignments swapped between different cards.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi,  i wrote to the manufacturer and ask for where i can find the serial number? but until now i did not got answer.

Anywhere, what you can recommended card to use with home cockpit MIP and overhead panel and compatible Linda software? 

best regards

Hi

If your cards meet the USB specification for serial numbers, the card ser no will appear in the LINDA Joystick Setup page against the device. If NoSerNum is displayed then the manufacturer has not implemented them and LINDA will have problems keeping track of each unique card. The alternative is to use the Leo Bodnar USB cards in your project.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK