Sign in to follow this  
SubLogical

Conflict FS2 & Q400VSpeeds.lua

The VSpeeds.lua resides in the Modules file with FSUIPC and installs "V" speeds automatically for you after it is called by an assiged key.

If FS2 is running when you call the Vspeeds you generate a Msg window that asks you to "Press enter to perform the After Landing Flow" and if you go ahead and press enter it  carries out the flow.

After this has transpired any key you click will call the After Landing Flow as though it was trapped.

If the FS2 is closed out the Vspeeds will not work unless you restart the sim as the key continues to be controlled by FS2.

Is there a relationship between FS2 and FSUIPC that may be causing this or ...?

It's not a major problem as you can install your Vspeeds before turning FS2 on but then you are in trouble if you go to set the approach Vspeeds.

Appreciate your thoughts,

Ken

"Press enter to perform the After Landing Flow

That message is not coming from FS2Crew.

I've never used VSpeeds before or heard of it.  What's it do that FS2Crew doesn't?

I've never heard of any direct relationship issues between FSUIPC itself and FS2Crew.

However, if using Linda to control external hardware there can be a couple issues.  I'm not sure if the Linda developer ever sorted them.

That message is not coming from FS2Crew.

I've never used VSpeeds before or heard of it.  What's it do that FS2Crew doesn't?

I've never heard of any direct relationship issues between FSUIPC itself and FS2Crew.

However, if using Linda to control external hardware there can be a couple issues.  I'm not sure if the Linda developer ever sorted them.

The message is from Vspeeds..Its a fanstastic little program that calculates V Speeds for takeoff and landing based on weight and icing without having to look up figures It a lua. module file that can be brought up in the sim by assigning a key in FSUIPC..you It also performs an after landing flow. For me Vspeeds and FS2Crew work fine together so long as you populate your speeds before you use FS2Crew and dont use the after landing flow.

Screenshot_2016_02_18_12_49_41.png

Thanks Starvip,

What was confusing me was the " flows " which I saw as an FS2 function I wasn't aware of.  Your pointing out it's existence as part of Vspeeds helps clear things up for me.  

The only oddity seems that I wasn't getting the "flow" option trapped when FS2 wasn't running.

What happens when you start Descent and you call Vspeeds for those numbers with FS2 running?  Do you get the "after landing flow"?

I've been using "V" as the activation key and I wondered if that might be where the conflict is being created.

Anyway, not an FS2 matter ... My thanks for the input.

Ken

Thanks Starvip,

What was confusing me was the " flows " which I saw as an FS2 function I wasn't aware of. Your pointing out it's existence as part of Vspeeds helps clear things up for me.

The only oddity seems that I wasn't getting the "flow" option trapped when FS2 wasn't running.

What happens when you start Descent and you call Vspeeds for those numbers with FS2 running? Do you get the "after landing flow"?

I've been using "V" as the activation key and I wondered if that might be where the conflict is being created.

Anyway, not an FS2 matter ... My thanks for the input.

Ken

No problem.. Glad I could help! When using FS2Crew heres what should work...when you have loaded up the dash, with the correct fuel and payload, first press CTRL+SHIFT+F1 which is the FSX default for fuel cut-off ... This is because if you load up a cockpit state with the engines not running for some reason FSX, P3D still thinks the engines are running... This is the problem I ran into with random after landing flow messages...vspeeds I assume picks up on the state of the aircraft... With the engines off on the ground you should get the takeoff speeds... In the air engines running landing speeds.... And on the ground with the engines running the landing flow... So you can see how it runs into issues when it thinks the engines are running within FSX even when they are not ... But yes the after landing flow is part of vspeeds, it will perform the following actions..

bus tie to TIE, raise the flaps, set the anticollision to RED, move the spoilers to TAXI, turn off all the Anti ice pitot static heaters. The author said it was designed to help people who are flying alone with the dash 8. The reason I would not try to use the landing flow is because it's already built into FS2Crew and when you call for the after landing checklist the first officer will do most of these items anyway.

I call up the speeds before I open the FS2Crew panel ensuring I've done what I've said above, and call on it again just before top of descent for landing speeds and it works perfectly. And if worst comes to worst

use the aurasim app which is much more realistic in terms of entry . Hope this helps!

Miles

use the aurasim app which is much more realistic in terms of entry . Hope this helps!

agree with you, since  the lau quick  v speed  calculator  doesn't  take  in effect  wind  direction or   rwy  conditions  or  weight of  aircraft etc

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

agree with you, since  the lau quick  v speed  calculator  doesn't  take  in effect  wind  direction or   rwy  conditions  or  weight of  aircraft etc

Correction it ONLY takes the weight of the aircraft into consideration and whether or not icing is present, which is more than adequete for 9/10 flights.

Well that makes sense to me Miles ... I can't fly to the under 5 mph accuracy that it's requesting anyway!

I bought the Aurasim but it won't work for me and some other users and Ben hasn't got the code in order to mess with it so the V-Speeds.lua is all I need.

Thanks for all the advice ... you've got me up to speed!!!

Ken

Hi,

Another way of solving this problem is to modify the LUA for use with FS2Crew:

(1) Remove the call for After-Landing Flow; it is unnecessary.

(2) Only precondition for computing and setting T/O Flap is that aircraft should be on Ground. Remove the condition that the engines should be running.

(3) Only precondition for computing and setting Landing Flap is that aircraft should not be on Ground.

So here is how to modify the LUA:

Open the original LUA in Notepad or Notepad++ and search for this text:

--returns 1 if on ground and engines not running, 2 if in air and 3 if on ground with engines running
function GetState()
    local onGround = GetOnGround()
    local enginesRunning = 0

local eng1 = GetQ400Value(56911)
    local eng2 = GetQ400Value(56888)

if (eng1 > 0 or eng2 > 0) then enginesRunning = 1 end

if (onGround == 1) then
        if (enginesRunning == 1) then return 3  else return 1 end
    else
        return 2
    end
end

and replace it entirely with this text:

--returns 1 if on ground, 2 if in air
function GetState()
    local onGround = GetOnGround()

if (onGround == 1) then return 1
    elseif (onGround == 0) then return 2
    end
end

and then save the modified file as Q400VspeedsFS2C.lua in the Modules folder. You should now be able to select and assign this new LUA from your FSUIPC4 menu.

Let me know if you have any problems with this mod.

Chakko.

• Upvote 1