Sign in to follow this  
AirbusA340300

Delivery Process

I am planning on doing my first flight in the PMDG 744 this weekend and want to do a delivery flight to the airline that i will be flying(China Airlines) and was curious if anyone knew the delivery process? what kind of tests are performed, what airport the plane departs from, ect. And also, does anyone know a site where i can get details on individual airplanes, specifically, the 744 registered B-18210 from China airlines.thanksAdam

All 747's make their maiden flight and most test flights from Boeing field (KCIA) in Seattle. I assume most delivery flights begin there as well, though I am not familiar with the process. I did a Google search and came up with a looks to be a lot of info your favorite 747. Check it out" http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=china...es+747++B-18210Tony=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

After the airline has done an inspection and test flight and is comfortable that everything is in order, a whole bunch of business people and lawyers get on the phone (while the pilots wait) to confirm that mortages, if any, have been filed, leases and credit agreements, if any, have been signed, title has been effectively transferred to the new owner, such title transfer has occurred in a tax neutral jurisdiction (if that is a concern for the would-be lessee), and receipt of funds has been confirmed. Then the crew starts up the engines and departs. :-)

Cool! I see the need for another add-on to simulate this! :)Tony=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

Guest wkzzo

Actually the 747 is delivered out of Paine field in Everett(KPAE)Only the 737 is delivered out of Seattle, Boeing field(KBFI)Ocasionally special deliverys are done on the 747 out of Seattle, its generally when the aircraft has come out of flight test and refurbed for the customer.

Guest tdragger

If you're delivering to China Airlines don't forget the good luck ceremony. I forget the details but they talk about it on the plant tour. Apparent it was quite elaborate--costumes and such.

thanks for the replies guys, i was searching for pics of the China 744 in the dreamliner livery(the one im delivering) and they have a few pics of it at Everett and KBFI, one of the pics shows the 744 taking off and the caption says it is the delivery flight, from KBFI. So looks like i will first do a ferry flight to BFI from PAE then off i go with the great PMDG 744Adam